• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Tire Recommendation needed

Me78569

Its time to put new tires on the 4th gen.  the current tires are good for highway summer driving and have ~%25 wear left however winter is going to be coming and the wife will need better traction.  

I bought a 2nd set of rims stock 4th gen 275/70/18 tire size.  

I have been looking at a couple tires, but I need some input.  Things that are important to me are wear life, cold weather traction, snow traction.  we dont tow much right now, but it will be happening again soonish.   I expect to see %95 paved road driving, but I do have a ~1 mile long gravel driveway.

so far I have looked at

Goodyear duratrac 275/70/18 load E - looks like a good all around fit.

BF goodridge TA k02 - looks good on papre, but reports are that they wear quickly with the K02 model

GRABBER A/TX - good reviews

DISCOVERER AT3 XLT - had a set of AT2's on my old truck and winter traction was not great.

• Owner

Been extremely happy with the Hankook ATm... Worth looking into. Harder compound and tire wears like iron. I've been running those for over 250k miles 4 winters and excellent traction in a foot of snow at 55 to 65 MPH. No studs in the tires either. Last set I got two winters out of. This will be my first winter to just stay home. 

I've got Discoverer AT3 on the 1996 dodge not too happy with those either. 

• Staff

I put AT3 XLT’s last fall before elk camp and have been very happy with them. They have great handling empty and loaded to 100-105%, oops. Very quiet and good traction for an AT in all conditions. 

They also have the 3PMSF snow rating, which when I was researching last summer wasn’t common among AT tires in that size. 

I do vary my pressure based on load and in the winter only run about 30 is the rear empty. Right now are sitting at 55/35.