• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com

We can see that your guest and been lurking about. When you register on the Mopar1973Man.Com site you'll be able to interact with all the other members. This is the most friendliest Cummins forum you'll ever join. Take the time right now and  REGISTER  on the Mopar1973Man.Com this will open up many more options and functions on the website. Everyone is very friendly and helpful just ask questions and everyone will help you out the best they can. 

Considering buying a deleted 6.7. What do I need to know?

Hello everyone,,

I'm new to diesel trucks but looking to buy an F350 to haul my camper while I travel full time. I just put money down on a 2014 F350 dually and the dealer mentioned that it is deleted. I've only just researched enough to even know what this means, and haven't had the truck inspected by a mechanic yet.

Is it safe/legal/a good idea to buy a deleted truck? Is the dealership that's selling it legit for doing so? What things do I need to know about dpf deletes in general as a diesel newbie, and what questions should I be asking the salesman and the mechanic? Thank you for any advice you guys have! 

• Administrator

the epa is pretty hard on deletes now.  If you are not inclided to replace all that stuff down the road I wouldn't.  

Depending on where you live you might not even be able to get it on the road.  

Its not legal, and the dealership cannot legally sell it. 

It can be a good idea

it can be safe depending on how it was done.   

• Like 1
  • Administrator

I will no longer will suggest deletes. After seeing how dealers will not sell deleted truck or even take them in. Too much trouble to delete then gave laws change and get caught with a truck missing all the smog stuff. 

If you have to have any emissions inspections done to keep it registered, it will fail. Even places that don't do emissions testing but require inspection are supposed to fail it, some shops will, some won't.

I wouldn't shy away from a deleted truck, but in my case, I do not have to worry so much. That may change in the future. The dealership seems like they are trying to sweep a trade in under the rug so they don't have to eat it, likely they didn't check it first or they got it for a steal. Can be very costly to replace all the ripped out or gutted components. 

On 8/14/2020 at 2:32 AM, Moosewala said:

Hello everyone,,

I'm new to diesel trucks but looking to buy an F350 to haul my camper while I travel full time. I just put money down on a 2014 F350 dually and the dealer mentioned that it is deleted. I've only just researched enough to even know what this means, and haven't had the truck inspected by a mechanic yet https://100001.onl/ https://1921681254.mx/ https://happymod.site/.

Is it safe/legal/a good idea to buy a deleted truck? Is the dealership that's selling it legit for doing so? What things do I need to know about dpf deletes in general as a diesel newbie, and what questions should I be asking the salesman and the mechanic? Thank you for any advice you guys have! 

Thanks for all that info. I'm current in Washington and buying it there, but planning to move to Colorado. It looks like CO does to emissions testing on diesels... is that a no-go right there?

The tuner on the truck is an H&S mini maxx... how do I figure out what tunes it has on it? Can the mechanic tell me? I'm bringing it in to a diesel mechanic, but he's not powerstroke specific. Are there any specific tunes that are extra detrimental to the engine long-term or that I should be looking out for?