• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

what is in this fuel?

i changed the fuel filter in the canister the other day. after draining the can most of the way down i noticed a gold blob sitting at the bottom(separated). after thinking about it, i shoulda touched it. i just took a photo and poured it out.post-98-138698169455_thumb.jpgi don't run fuel additives. the only additive i have ran since the last filter change is TC-W3, but quit using it as i have been using 5% bio. when i saw it, it made me think of frying oil.has anyone else ever seen this?

post-98-138698169447_thumb.jpg

I was talking to Mike about that and even he said the stuff separates from diesel. The oil and diesel will separate from each other a period of time. I would like to see this for myself as we have a B2 or 5, pump around here and I think I will fill a jar and let it sit and see what happens.

• Owner

Actually that is more like water is what appears like since most all BioDiesel is rinse with water to remove the waste products.

As for seperation that typically occurs in cold weather the Bio part of the fuel will sink to the bottom of the tank and solidify and the diesel will seperate and rise above the biodiesel.

http://forum.mopar1973man.com/showthread.php/93-Bio-Diesel-and-the-effects...?highlight=biodiesel

Some of the wonderful effects of biodiesel...:stuned:

Posted Image

This pump used to be bio but I see they have converted to normal. I got some anyways and took 2 pics. The one with less in it is just what I got. The other is after I added about a pint of vege oil. I didn't see any sign of it not mixing, it was just like I dumped water into water. I will give it a few days and see if anything happens. I hope the red dye doesn't throw everything off.Dumped some water in it, went straight to the bottom.

post-45-138698169463_thumb.jpg

post-45-13869816947_thumb.jpg

post-45-138698169476_thumb.jpg

Actually that is more like water is what appears like since most all BioDiesel is rinse with water to remove the waste products.

As for seperation that typically occurs in cold weather the Bio part of the fuel will sink to the bottom of the tank and solidify and the diesel will seperate and rise above the biodiesel.

http://forum.mopar1973man.com/showthread.php/93-Bio-Diesel-and-the-effects...?highlight=biodiesel

Posted Image

You didn't stick that bad boy on the grill did you Mike??!!!:stuned::lmao2: Wow, that's nasty looking!!:shrug:

Posted Image

Man that looks like a tie down off of the titanic!

YUCK!!!!!!!!

• 4 months later...

i changed the fuel filter in the canister the other day. after draining the can most of the way down i noticed a gold blob sitting at the bottom(separated). after thinking about it, i shoulda touched it. i just took a photo and poured it out. [ATTACH=CONFIG]1736[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1737[/ATTACH] i don't run fuel additives. the only additive i have ran since the last filter change is TC-W3, but quit using it as i have been using 5% bio. when i saw it, it made me think of frying oil. has anyone else ever seen this?

Last year in MN where a 5% biodeisel blend is mandated in all diesel fuel, they had bio falling out of 95% #1 fuel.

• 2 weeks later...

so much for quality control, I have actually been wondering if I should add in some sort of dedicated tank filtration as I have been needing to change my stock filter every 10 - 20k miles it hasnt been as bad since I started avoiding the lower cost stations like safeway and arco.

Hey guys I live in Minnesota and I manage a NAPA all I can say is we sell alot of fuel filters it is common practice and something we have to live with. The other thing is to run a good additive like FPPF it removes water, lubes, stabalizes, and cleans the whole fuel system I run a Fass and have seen -30+ this winter and (knock on wood) no problems:thumb1: