• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Surging when temp hits 205

Zach75

Hey everyone, my 08 megacab started surging after a head gasket was replaced, seems to be worse when hot out or going up long hills, just keeps cutting out briefly until temp goes down, got a programmer but I turn it off and never use it, just had the fass fuel pump replaced, still does it, any ideas?

Yes, I had to basically make him go drive it up the hill to see it was still surging, he said he didn't know other than to start " throwing injectors at it", he did the fass fuel pump, I put a solid fuel rail bolt in, next I'm gonna try putting a new back pressure sensor in and cleaning the line