• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com

We can see you are lurking about reading the forums and article databases. We happen to be one of the most friendliest Cummins support website on the planet. Come on and register and grab a inexpensive subscription plan. With that you can unlock even more for you. Technical support either by public forum, private support ticket, and even unlock phone support by Mopar1973Man. Mopar1973Man.Com will remain FREE to read forever!

I've searched around and failed to find a thread comparing the two subject injectors (or similar). Both are listed as 100 HP injectors, which interests me a great deal. With an unknown auto transmission (I have done the Moses Ludel recommended in-frame upgrades for solenoids, servos, pistons, etc) and - for now - HY35 turbo I don't see the need to spend the extra $85 for 7x.010s. The true benefit I see to that size is that so many of you fellows with Quadzillas run them.

Some of my trips are very long, some if my trips are very short - is there a benefit to smaller, but a larger number of holes? I only have 18k pound license plates, so heavy towing isn't really a concern to me (see comment about transmission, above).

I don't see any DAP 8-hole SAC injectors, should SAP vs. VCO factor into my decision?

• Administrator

I doubt you would notice a difference between the two.  7 x .xxx are going to be the common hole count.  8 x .xxx's would be fine too but I have not found any that weren't $$ compared to 7 hole.   

Don't overthink it just go with a known vendor, DAP is good as always, 7 x .009's.

• Thanks 1
38 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

just go with a known vendor, DAP is good as always

Well that's the thing, both options are DAP! Just the 7-hole SAC are 12% higher than the 8-hole VCO.

2 hours ago, Me78569 said:

8 x .xxx's would be fine too but I have not found any that weren't $$ compared to 7 hole.

So if the 8 VCO are cheaper than 7s, does that factor in? SACs are generally quieter at idle, right? This beast is loud enough that will weigh heavily in my decision!

2 hours ago, Threadzy said:

Was that HX to far gone once you got it apart? 

I'm still trying to find a used/cheap compressor side snap ring. Also, one or two broken bolts need to be addressed. I snapped one on the down pipe flange, not sure if there's another.

• Like 1