• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Finally done it

wil440

• Staff

Remember after a few years you will learn to go camping where the cell phone don't work. I have to put it down once in awhile with all the things folks want me for, I get pressured over the responsibilities involved with weather and circumstances. Oregon rains a bit much and sometimes takes away the feeling being your own boss. You will be very busy in not too distant future. :thumb1:

• Owner

I'm about ready to follow the same idea. My plan is to find a standard cab 2nd gen Cummins. Then remove the bed and install a utility box and load it up with tools, welder, etc. Now travel around my own area doing wrench work. I figured if I built the truck right I should be able to haul my RV as well. That way say I could drive out to @JAG1place to do a set of ball joints for him. Then have another job in Oregon and job form job to job till it leads me home again. 

Then other idea would be to fix up my truck but hook up with U Ship and start doing hot shot work with what I got. I've seen a job about hauling a small dog to Colorado. I'm like no problem. Just would plan better so when I left that job I would hook up another job to bring me back home again. With everything I done to increase the truck longevity I'm in good position to start do that kind of work too. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

I'm about ready to follow the same idea. My plan is to find a standard cab 2nd gen Cummins. Then remove the bed and install a utility box and load it up with tools, welder, etc. Now travel around my own area doing wrench work. I figured if I built the truck right I should be able to haul my RV as well. That way say I could drive out to @JAG1place to do a set of ball joints for him. Then have another job in Oregon and job form job to job till it leads me home again. 

Then other idea would be to fix up my truck but hook up with U Ship and start doing hot shot work with what I got. I've seen a job about hauling a small dog to Colorado. I'm like no problem. Just would plan better so when I left that job I would hook up another job to bring me back home again. With everything I done to increase the truck longevity I'm in good position to start do that kind of work too. 

I did look at 5th wheel flat bed but way too much money here, could have a utility box on the front and still room for stuff on the bed

1 hour ago, JAG1 said:

Remember after a few years you will learn to go camping where the cell phone don't work. I have to put it down once in awhile with all the things folks want me for, I get pressured over the responsibilities involved with weather and circumstances. Oregon rains a bit much and sometimes takes away the feeling being your own boss. You will be very busy in not too distant future. :thumb1:

I'm hoping just enough work to keep the lights on without running around like a madman 😁

• Like 2

• Owner
1 minute ago, wil440 said:

I'm hoping just enough work to keep the lights on without running around like a madman 😁

That's what it feel like for me now. Seem like I run my tail off all day and still get stuck with one issue or another preventing me from completing a job (wrench work). Then like this morning I'm up a bit early and working the website making sure the server is running top notch. Still finding weird issues and configuration issues. This is why I'm looking at the hotshot angle it would allow me to do jobs possibly local to me and in the spring of the year be a good time to break free after a long winter of being cooped up. 

• Like 3

Yes I plan on less in the winter and a bit more in the better weather 

3 hours ago, IBMobile said:

Good luck with this new endeavor.  You'll like being your own boss with the challenges and rewards that it brings.   

I can't wait. I have lots to be getting on with just not the time to fit it all in at the moment 

• Like 1

• Owner

I'd love to give you +5 likes for that... :iagree: :thumbup2:

That is one of my biggest factors is to make sure to allot enough time to do quality work and cover all bases. It when you pressed for a time schedule then you start to screw up rushing a job. One of the few jobs I got hired to do was working at the local Chevron Station for a summer. It was really tough to hold to a narrow slot of time to do big job. This is why I went into doing my own business and no longer held to a tight time schedules. 

• Staff

8 hours ago, IBMobile said:

I've been a mechanic for 50 years and running my mobile repair business since 1994 and learned:

• Your time is yours to sell.  Give the customer the full measure but don't short change yourself. 
  • Work on it as if it was your own.
  •  If you're unfortunate to have a Keren or Keven as a customer don't be afraid to tell them to pi$$ off.   They aren't worth the head ack and there is always someone better to take their place.  
  • Do like @JAG1recommends; set time aside for a holiday to decompress and enjoy life.  

wil440, need to ship your RV to the states and go camping with us :thumb1:. We got big fish, big mountains, big meals and a pile of BS around the fire. It's great. Unbelievable places to see too

Edited by JAG1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, JAG1 said:

wil440, need to ship your RV to the states and go camping with us :thumb1:. We got big fish, big mountains, big meals and a pile of BS around the fire. It's great. Unbelievable places to see too

Wouldn't that be an experience Triple rollover on the lotto needed 👍

• Haha 2