• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Dap 7x0010 injector problems

After purchase of dap 7x.0010 injectors and quad I'm having idle issues first time put in gear. 99 auto stock hx35 cai 4" mprp big loap will stall if grid heater is active. Smokes when grid heater is active and in gear. If I double pedal to back out I'm fine. Once in gear im fine until I put in park again. then same problem. I've completely removed quad ran on zero ran on 3 with timing changes. No change. Ran wire tap with ZERO SMOKE all settings. After researching alot on here I assumed I needed the quad to turn can bus fuel down on no to low psi for smoke control. I'm stumped. any advice. thanks

Stock stall converter. fass set to 14 psi. hits 15 when bucking in gear. 12 min at wot

Apps is in spec vp is reman 3 years ago. Trans has 30k on stock rebuild. 221k on stock injectors. no problems until new injectors 

Tightened tubes to 28 ft lbs hold down 89 inch lbs. No change in oil height. Quick bleed started in 5 seconds after bleeding. 

• Owner

Pop pressure of the injectors or dragging torque converter. Another member by @pepsi71ocean had the same problem found out the injectors were popped to low.

Like my 7 x0.0085 injectors SAC had issues with stalling swapped back to VCO problem gone. 

Like my current injectors 7 x0.010 are popped at 320 bar with VCO nozzles.

Pulled injectors today to be returned to have pop tested and noticed 3 of the copper washers are slightly thicker and slightly larger in diameter  than the other 3. I still have my old ones and all 6 look like the smaller ones. Could this be the route off all my problems?

20210418_172758.jpg

20210418_173634.jpg

We will make sure to get you the correct washers.  Someone brought the washer mismatch to my attention Friday.  Supplier sent some that were slightly smaller in height and it did not get checked before it got added to our container of washers.  The height difference would affect spray pattern about 1*... For reference RV275 are 1* different than stock, so 1* is of little consequence and would not cause the problem you are experiencing. Regardless it doesn't look good and its not how we want the product to go out.

Someone at the shop will be wishing they were peeling potatoes today instead of sorting shims and checking every 24v injector on the shelf.  :spank:

• Haha 2

• Owner
28 minutes ago, dieselautopower said:

Someone at the shop will be wishing they were peeling potatoes today instead of sorting shims and checking every 24v injector on the shelf.  :spank:

Ouch... That suxs. I know what you mean someone dumped all my nuts in the washer can. Sort that stuff out on the floor. Now in this case sorting copper washers and measuring every one with caliper oh man that will just be crazy for someone. Just a heads up being I've seen his shop. Yeah its just not a small bind of this and that @dieselautopowerhas quite a bit in the shop and then out in the warehouse he's got racks full of ready product. Yup someone will be wishing they were peeling taters.. :sofa:

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Like 2

Injectors are in the mail. hopefully they find something. I've had zero problems with the truck except grid heater relay. since the stock trans rebuild 30k miles ago. I have a spare trans I picked up to use as a core for a fully built in the future as needed with the added power. Have head studs ready to install. Planed to order a bigger turbo last week as well but wanna figure this out before I do any more work to keep the possible causes to a minimum. any recommendations on a good tranny setup or turbo size? Thanks. 

Also the 7x.0010s vco had zero smoke on stock tune. Can bus 100% across the board. Wot up steep grade nothing Maybe they will find a problem to answer that. Maybe being at sea level I should have went bigger? 

• Like 1

I plan on it. That's why I got the quad.i want zero to minimal smoke vs power.  Was planning on getting 275s but was told by jkidd to get 150s to grow into knowing bigger turbo in future. and start tune at 85ish at 0 psi for no smoke. Then after bigger turbo Turn up. Said stock tune would smoke a lot on the low end. Was just wondering why no smoke no matter how hard I try. Hopefully they find a problem to explain that's related to my problem main problem. thanks @dripley

Jkidd knows alot more about this stuff than I for sure. I am still on a Comp and smoking the 275's until the trubo spools. A Quad for me one day maybe. Not first on the need list, maybe the want list though. Time will tell. I have an HE351w begging me to put on. Just need the time. 

150's on my truck with the Comp and stock hx35 would smoke like freight train pulling a 2 mile line of coal cars. Not sure how it would act if I turned the Comp off and just ran stock. I would suspect as much or more smoke.  But then again I have never turned it off to see, 

I would wait and get the injectors back and see how things are after install.  That will be the true tell.