• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Blown Head

• Owner

Personally I've never used any sealant product for coolant system in the Cummins. I done it once in my 1996 Dodge and it made quite the mess out of the cooling system. I got it flushed out and replaced the intake manifold gasket the was bleeding out over the front of the engine. Changing the gasket did way better than adding the stop leak which only bought time and eventually start to weep again later on. 

NOTE: Old mechanic trick back in the day for junkers was to mix a can of condensed milk and pepper together. Not something I would even suggest but in a pinch it would work just like any stop leak product. Just more fun to flush that stuff out later.  

52 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Personally I've never used any sealant product for coolant system in the Cummins. I done it once in my 1996 Dodge and it made quite the mess out of the cooling system. I got it flushed out and replaced the intake manifold gasket the was bleeding out over the front of the engine. Changing the gasket did way better than adding the stop leak which only bought time and eventually start to weep again later on. 

NOTE: Old mechanic trick back in the day for junkers was to mix a can of condensed milk and pepper together. Not something I would even suggest but in a pinch it would work just like any stop leak product. Just more fun to flush that stuff out later.  

I think you miss the point of stop leak it is what it is. IE buy some time before the job is done then flush the system. Peeps might not be able to afford the job or not be without the vehicle for a while. I carry several tubs as a concrete plant with 200 cube on for the day ain't going to want to stop and cancel cos of a coolant leak 

I once bought an S10 pickup at auction (video auction) from Oklahoma. By the time it was delivered to Kansas City, early winter had set in. That engine didn't have anti freeze for some dumb reason. Used a can of K&W block seal and put probably 80k miles on it before a pizza delivery driver blew a red light and totaled the truck.  I got lucky on the repair, but I was told specifically to use K&W.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/20/2021 at 8:23 AM, Mopar1973Man said:

Any updates on this?

Have drove the truck for ~800 miles so far and it still hasn't leaked yet. Just keeping a close eye on it and haven't had to use any stop leak yet. Will see, not sure how it would just stop like that. Coolant levels are staying fine