• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Summer is coming!

• Owner

Hey gang... Just a general tech tip.

If your coolant has been in your truck for 3 years or about 75k miles you should consider doing a coolant flush and new thermostat. Then you might check your A/C pressures and top off the freon. Double check all your fluids axles, transmission and transfer case (if applicable). Brake fluid is another that needs to be changed every 30k miles as so does power steering fluid. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Along with the above tips I usually go over all chassis grounds to check for loose/corroded connectors. Nothing more annoying than spending the day running down an intermittent electrical problem only to find a loose ground wire. I also like to pull every sensor & electrical plug I can get my hands on, clean the contacts and apply a some dielectric grease. 

These 2nd Gen rigs are getting old and need a little TLC to keep them going.

• Like 1

Check! I also pulled that loom along the firewall to the PCM. Same poor construction as the grounds found prior to the W-T mod. 3 or 4 wires squished together with some kind of glue. Unbelievable!

Edited by MikeH
  • Thanks 1

• Staff
On 5/5/2021 at 6:36 AM, IBMobile said:

Don't forget the blinker fluid.

My Blinkers work just fine..... I  spotted Dolly Parton while on the freeway the other day.    :wow:

Edited by JAG1

On 5/5/2021 at 8:18 AM, JAG1 said:

My Blinkers work just fine..... I spotted Dolly Parton while on the freeway the other day.    :wow:

You may want to use some of that blinker fluid in your eyes now :lmao:

Edited by JAG1
  • Haha 2

• Staff
7 hours ago, MikeH said:

Same poor construction as the grounds found prior to the W-T mod. 3 or 4 wires squished together with some kind of glue.

Here is the fix for that ground splice at the PCM.

PCM Ground Splice Repair - Electrical - Mopar1973Man's Dodge Cummins Forum

https://mopar1973man.com/cummins/articles.html/24-valve-2nd-generation_50/51_engine/electrical/pcm-ground-splice-repair-r675/

2 hours ago, IBMobile said:

Here is the fix for that ground splice at the PCM.

PCM Ground Splice Repair - Electrical - Mopar1973Man's Dodge Cummins Forum

https://mopar1973man.com/cummins/articles.html/24-valve-2nd-generation_50/51_engine/electrical/pcm-ground-splice-repair-r675/

Yeah...it's done but thanks anyway. I've just never seen such poor electrical work. A simple household wire nut would have been ten times better. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1