• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Before I installed a used Quadzilla Adrenaline I could get boost at around 1500 to 1700 rpm is when you could really notice it. After install and using a stock race or tow tune I have nothing until I’m over 2200 rpm. I like to shift at 2k with my 6 speed. The IQuad app is showing no boost. My pillar gauge says it’s there. My question is do I have to adjust the tune and how would I go about doing so?

It’s an 2002 6 speed with a 2000 S/O swapped in. Has the H/O VP on the standard ECM. Silencer ring was taken out,  has s&b intake, and fast 100 lift pump with sump. Everything else is stock. As far as tune I’m just running me78569 tunes.

Edited by 02DodgeCummins

Might have to pull the timing down. Some of the tunes were created before we figured out how low we can push timing.

10 hours ago, 02DodgeCummins said:

It’s an 2002 6 speed with a 2000 S/O swapped in. Has the H/O VP on the standard ECM.

So you have a S.O. engine with an H.O. vp44 on it correct?

I've heard of issues going that direction, but then why does the other direction work? (H.O. pump to S.O.)

Just things I've read from forums dated like 2008.. 

If it was a used quad, is it updated to V2? Otherwise it causes issues..

But like @Threadzy said, you might need to call Quadzilla to get it looked at, but double check all of your connections first. Free fixes are the best fixes.

• Owner

More you retard timing the better it will build boost. Too many people are too concerned with getting enough advancement. This why I suggest starting 1,500 RPM band at 13 degrees. Then if you  have enough timing reduct it should be able to pull down to 10 to 11 degree on a heavy throttle or WOT. Once boost build it step back into advancement and continue to build power. 

With 15 degree in the 1,500 RPM band you might notice with cruise timing running and light throttle it might buck at lower speeds 30 to 40 MPH. The 13 degree at 1,500 RPM will reduce that chance of bucking as well. 

• 2 weeks later...