• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Radiator leak

• Staff
7 hours ago, pepsi71ocean said:

Of course our idiot democratic govenor says they won't let you get REGEN until your admitted and that after 72 hours

And what medical school did he graduate from?  I'm glad to hear that despite the governments mishandling of the situation, in that state, you and yours made it through that ordeal.

October 31 my son, who lives with use, came down with the CCP virus.  Neither my wife, granddaughter, nor I got it and none of us has had the jab.  Now at my daughter's house, she, her husband, and two boys got it.  None of them were vaccinated and none went to the hospital.  

Edited by IBMobile
  • Like 1

• Staff

Getting any Vaccine has a known trade off, that is vaccines weaken your immune systems ability to fight off other types of disease. That's the price you pay, so I wouldn't continue getting more jabs. Also the PCR test has a rather low accuracy rating esp. with doctors that have done research on the original development of the PCR test conclude that it is 'unreliable'. Another interesting finding is that most Americans are vitamin D deficient with one heart surgeon having a 53 % greater success rate treating heart patients in hospitals with vitamin D treatments. in their IV.

I bought some vitamin D yesterday and now refuse sun tan lotion. :thumb1:

Edited by JAG1

• Staff
13 minutes ago, IBMobile said:

There's sunshine in west Oregon?

We had 20 minutes of it last Monday. However, I am very thankful that our drought is over, at least in the Northwest. How about where your at Dan, is the Colorado flowing well again?

Slight change of subject, I finally fitted the new radiator today in pouring rain as it really started to leak yesterday,  good job I'd got hoses as the bottom hose was past it, no holes in either so in the bed box as spares.

Also noticed the intercooler hoses are a little soft so going to get a set.

Some corrosion evident in the cooling system, thermostat housing and bottom hose outlet on the block was a bit crusty, this must have occurred before me as I always use Cat ELC premix coolant, I'll run it for a few months and then send a sample off for analysis

• Staff
7 minutes ago, Tractorman said:

Rather rude to change the subject like.  What's up with that?  Oh, that's right, the subject is Radiator Leak.  

Good to hear you got your radiator in.

- John

We all was just waiting for the radiator to come in. :tease:

8 hours ago, JAG1 said:

We all was just waiting for the radiator to come in. :tease:

:) It arrived inbetween xmas and new year but because of Covid I wasn't well enough to fit it.

One good thing about this forum is thread highjacks/derails whatever you want to call it aren't treated like you just dropped off of planet Zog, I used to be a member of a Mopar forum here and it had mods keeping threads on track....... Like the Gestapo  err boring 

• Like 1

Did about 20 miles yesterday and the truck definitely runs cooler with the new radiator, there is a hill that I have to drive quite regular that's maybe 2 miles from home, not a huge grade but maybe 1/2 mile long, temp was 186F at the top versus 190F with the old radiator, temp still gets to 190 as that's what the thermostat is but it does take longer, towing tomorrow so we'll see what the temp is again on a regular route so I know before the truck would be 190F or a tad over.

I couldn't flush the cooling system as all our outside taps are frozen as are hose pipes which are like iron bars, I'll give it a good flush using Caterpillar cooling system cleaner once temps rise a bit

One thing I did notice is the old rad weighs a ton

Not as I could see through the neck but I'll bet there is scale in the rad, I'll have a better look when I get time, as I said I always use Cat ELC premix so for the last 20k or so (since I've had the truck) that would have stopped corrosion and scale and I have a gallon of Cat cooling system flush so it will get some of that when the weather is a bit warmer