• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Track bar solutions

Hey guys, I'm in a bit of a financial spot and have some death wobble. My traction bar has play at both ends when checking it out however, my issue is that the track bar in there is moog. I didn't put this in there so I'm guessing the previous owner did however, I want to replace it with a Dodge off road track bar but don't have the cash. I was wondering where I could get a stock/oem track bar so that maybe I could use Luke's link later on if I need to to get by. I'm currently in the middle of restoring mine as I drive her daily to school. Unfortunately money is going to be tight for a hot minute while finishing up some very long term school goals so I can teach

Edited by digidoggie18
Addition of context

I modified my original bar, welded some stuff to it years ago and it's doing just fine. I basically cut out 4-5" an welded a fine thread bolt in between for adjustment then welded a round bushing stock where bill joint was then made a bracket for the frame, guess it's not for everyone as it will take time and thinking cap. Best is to get an adjustable one if you can't make one yourself.

• Like 1

• Staff

I just got a stock replacement and it's lasted 54k so far. Still tight. Whatever you do don't lift it. I learned the hard way not to do that.

54 minutes ago, Dieselfuture said:

I modified my original bar, welded some stuff to it years ago and it's doing just fine. I basically cut out 4-5" an welded a fine thread bolt in between for adjustment then welded a round bushing stock where bill joint was then made a bracket for the frame, guess it's not for everyone as it will take time and thinking cap. Best is to get an adjustable one if you can't make one yourself.

He gets ctreative and solves difficult problems just by pouring more beer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, JAG1 said:

I just got a stock replacement and it's lasted 54k so far. Still tight. Whatever you do don't lift it. I learned the hard way not to do that.

He gets ctreative and solves difficult problems just by pouring more beer.

Definitely no plans to lift here.. trying to restore and get the steering and suspension right. The moog one after digging through papers I believe may have been installed a couple months before I bought it. That being said that's only roughly 25k if that out of the moog one.

1 hour ago, Dieselfuture said:

The plan is to do practically the entire front end with dodge off road products.

2 hours ago, Evan said:

I wouldn't mess with the lukes stuff. Just get whatever bar the parts house stocks and expect it to last 10-20k

Does 10-20k seem about average? Mine currently should be right around there maybe haha

I dont know what average is.

Thats about how long moog, and oem bars last on our 07.

At one point in time i was on bored with the luke stuff. But honestly no one runs that stuff, its super easy just put a new fast food track bar on every few years.

On my 02 im running a 7/8" heim track bar. I absolutely despise a tie rod end on the frame side.  I cut the factory stuff off my frame and fabbed the frame side from scratch.

I have lots of hours into fabbing the frame side id probly be ahead just to swap it out every couple years with a moog or whatever. 

• Like 1

• Owner
On 10/17/2021 at 5:12 PM, Evan said:

I wouldn't mess with the lukes stuff. Just get whatever bar the parts house stocks and expect it to last 10-20k

Make that about 100k miles for the NAPA track bar that I've being using. I don't have oversized tires or lift kits, so I get good longevity from a NAPA track bar.