• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

W-T Ground mod, kinda confused? Quick Help.

So I'm mid way guess doing this and  can understand he group of wires that get spliced into a larger gauge wire, those all get cut and put into a ring terminal at the suggested vp44 ground. Then a ground wire from drivers side battery to same ground spot at vp44 with other wires. 

20211113_150336.jpg.df4d69546b45481947c1fd526eb9ad4f.jpg

The rest of the wires just go back where they supposed to go...

20211113_150357.jpg.60371025beaa08db65b75ea17e702aed.jpg

Now I have the alternator wire that goes straight over to the fuse block. If I'm reading it right I'm supposed to remove it from here then connect back to alternator and route to POS battery on passenger side???

What am I doing with the blank location at the fuse block? 

20211113_150251.jpg.49e47fde49763cd3a5bd8720fbcc1045.jpg20211113_150309.jpg.d08b9f53af149353a15459f7000baafc.jpg

Lastly what am I doing with these grounds just point the one ring terminal back to neg on passenger side battery? 

20211113_150443.jpg.66f96774b8c1e8953e22b556e6d1cd8e.jpg

Please let know what I'm missing or not understanding. 

Also the ground spot  by vp44 I assume this is just a hole to mount ring terminals to, connecting wire from battery to here thus making the ground. Cause the housing where the bolt would go is aluminum. Alot of this is not stated so I'm just making sure this is what is actually happening lol.

2 hours ago, Stanley said:

Also the ground spot  by vp44 I assume this is just a hole to mount ring terminals to, connecting wire from battery to here thus making the ground. Cause the housing where the bolt would go is aluminum. Alot of this is not stated so I'm just making sure this is what is actually happening lol.

I ran that ground to the driver battery, but I also have extra grounds throughout, not recommended but works good. Called bonding, ok if everything else checks out.

• Owner

Your on the right path. Your doing fine... The alternator lead is move to the passenger side positive. The alternator fuse is no longer used. Then the grounds are shorten up and ring terminal put on it and mounted to the gear case. I use a bit of the old cable to jump from the driver side batter negative to the the same bolt of where the grounds are. 

I obtained the metric bolt from my local ACE Hardware store and it's considered quite common. The location on the housing where you're going to place this ground connection is tapped perfectly for this metric application. I'm sorry you're having difficulties locating a source for this single bolt.