• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

I didn't know how to add to @smokeythedodge thread he has already made so here we go. Please move where needed if required. 

I figured I could post some helpful part numbers/info along for those looking to replace a (2002) Dana 80 pinion seal and/or pinion yoke. Sometimes obtaining part numbers can be annoying and just plain difficult.

I replaced my seal due it starting to leak more as than it had. Started leaking then stopped for awhile and now just started again so I bit the bullet and dove in for repairs. 

I have a *flanged yoke* aside from @smokeythedodge non-flanged yoke in his thread. I have attached pictures of parts/part numbers and including the carnage on my seal and yoke. 

Spicer Flanged yoke pn# 3-4-14391-1X

Orielly's Pinion seal pn# 100727

If anyone wants an addition to the write up, including how to remove seal and install etc. lemme know. Need to start contributing more here and I have a couple of items in my pocket I could definitely explain and help with. 

20220304_191403.jpg

20220302_191438.jpg

20220302_183330.jpg

20210704_131934.jpg

20220302_183257.jpg

20220302_183311.jpg

• Thanks 1

Any and all info on this job would be welcome as I should do mine. Seeping right now but I'm sure dripping is not far off. Is that nut the one that is crazy tight? What did you use to remove and replace? Did you order the yoke from orielly also?

Yea it's on really tight. I borrowed  3/4 impact from the shop and had to heat the nut with a little torch (not to much) and the impact slowly took it off. 

Any part drive train wise I go to C&M Gear Works, there here in town but I think they ship too, good people and prices. $80 for yoke, straps, and bolts.

Only thing from oriellys was the seal. 

Mine was extremely tight.  I broke 3/4" drive sockets trying to get the nut off.  Finally had to take it to a repair shop.  The fellow said come back around noon and your truck will ready.  I showed at 5:00 pm and all the mechanics had gone home.  I found the owner in the shop working on my truck.  I asked how it was going.  He said he was still working on getting the nut off.  We worked on it together for another hour and finally got it off with some rigging and the use of a 1" impact gun.   I paid the guy a little extra for his perseverance. 

Be sure to check the axle vent tube for blockage as well.  Sometimes a plugged vent will force oil by a seal.  

- John

• Like 1