• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Constant Alarm Going off When Using Key...

• Staff

Anyone know a good way to disable the alarm system? It's going off every time I use the key and then have to use the key FOB and hit lock then unlock to shut it off. I don't want to carry the key fob as I may loose it. I keep it in the door handle for whenever it goes off on me but, now it's all the time and had to disconnect the horn.

T.I.A.

Edited by JAG1

• Staff

Me and W-T did a short telephone diagnosis by my describing a previous lucky find and fix with the wire connection at the back of the drivers cylinder lock. Pulling the door panel helped reveal the trouble of course and is that particular connection at the lock cylinder. Going off all the time in areas with little to no RF noise indicated that it has to do with a bad connection.

Thank You W-T and other members... wonderful site you all help make it. :thumb1:

Need to get off my lazy bones and report back when I fix this tomorrow. Today is rest day as I have been doing the ground work for a new deck all week.

Edited by JAG1
  • Thanks 1

• Staff

Update; Did not get to working on the truck Sunday. I got into doing other things around here and the time flew by. Wish they'd put the clock back, being how I'm old and cannot adjust. I'm even getting up earlier but the hour is still getting lost somewhere every dang day :think:.

• Like 1

• Owner

That would be like me parking a truck out in my yard and wondering why the headlights came on by themselves. This happen on Thor not to long ago. I tried my key fob from in the house but it's too far to trigger. Yeah I get it. So the only thing is to park the truck somewhere with little RF and see if it triggers again. Being there is little to no RF out here really strange but could happen.

Not to hijack but just info might help.