• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

• Owner

Hey guys - just got in. No more issues. Silly - I forgot to look for codes at the time - and just did the disconnect on the road. No codes anymore and no more issues. This is what I did notice via EDGE monitoring. %TPS was stable about 39-40% RPM was stable around 1760 or something from memory MPH was ALL OVER THE PLACE That was the only thing - and once it hit like 120mph once or twice it felt like it was defueling. Resetting the APPS fixed the issue - but obviously this might also do other things like reset the edge or other ECM/PCM stuff ?? :shrug: Dunno - but everything else was fine - just that one thing all over the place - and my RPM + MPH on my dash were fine - only the edge MPH. eitehr way - a smooth ride into AZ except for one pass at 35mph @1150 EGT ........ dropped the hammer and pushed my RPM's higher in a higher gear and more boost with my jhook, overtook the F-350 doing 30mph and cruised on by .......... so all nice now just gotta talk to catjflynn/sasqaauch and others about towing - only getting 11-12mpg towing 10000 lbs ..... be nice to get more ........

Ummm... Disconnecting the battery will not wipe error codes out... :rolleyes: The only way for error code to be erased is by... 1. Using a Code Reader 2. By the ECM/PCM seeing 40 warm up cycles without the issue(s) returning... The disconnecting the batteries to clear codes is a myth... You can have a batch of error codes park the truck pull the batteries for 10 years come back put it back in and the codes are still there... You can thank dodge/Cummins for using Non-Volitale RAM to store the codes. Same thing that stores the odometer mileage...

hmm thought it had cleared out a code as I previously had a p04*** something related to fuel sensor wiring/poor signal and I never cleared it - yet when I cycle key since the battery disconnect I just get 'pdone'Will put my scanner on it later ........ let you know. MM - anyway you can thing of that the apps gets misaligned/miscalibrated and cause throttling issues - I guess this issue might come back - but so far 3 days of heavy towing and nothing. If it doesn;t come back - has to be either the APPS or some other reset - edge/ecm etc ???

• 2 weeks later...
  • Owner

MM - anyway you can thing of that the apps gets misaligned/miscalibrated and cause throttling issues - I guess this issue might come back - but so far 3 days of heavy towing and nothing. If it doesn;t come back - has to be either the APPS or some other reset - edge/ecm etc ???

Ummm... Disconnected battery, bad grounds, and a few other things can create this issue...

As for the APPS sensor the carbon track in it over time will wear out and the resistance value changes. So the calibration gets lost over time then eventually its so far off the APPS and the ECM battle for values and POP... P0121, P0122 or a P0123... :rolleyes:

I know the feeling, my truck has done it for the last year. Cruising down the road or just driving down the city streets it will just all of a sudden "buck" no change in RPM, fuel pressure or anything. Scares the heck out of ya. I have reset my APPS and it still does it. Only seems to happen every hundred miles.:banghead::banghead::banghead: I'm about done with this truck...

I know the feeling, my truck has done it for the last year. Cruising down the road or just driving down the city streets it will just all of a sudden "buck" no change in RPM, fuel pressure or anything. Scares the heck out of ya. I have reset my APPS and it still does it. Only seems to happen every hundred miles.:banghead::banghead::banghead: I'm about done with this truck...

lmao - just suggested you do an apps reset in other thread. Did you wait at least 40 mins with both batteries disconeccted ? Can you speak with the guys from TIMBO apps and see what he thinks. ?? if it only happens at 45 --- are you in OD. As thats when the TC locks up. Could be a solenoid issue. I think its at 35 without OD - you could try driving for a while without OD and see what happens.

lmao - just suggested you do an apps reset in other thread. Did you wait at least 40 mins with both batteries disconeccted ? Can you speak with the guys from TIMBO apps and see what he thinks. ?? if it only happens at 45 --- are you in OD. As thats when the TC locks up. Could be a solenoid issue. I think its at 35 without OD - you could try driving for a while without OD and see what happens.

LOL I did wait at least 30 minutes before I connected the batteries. Not in OD. I'lll pay closer attention to the speed at when it happens. I wrapped the alternator wire in foil as well. Still no help. Have to look into the solenoid issue. Thanks!

I know this issue very well. and have been fighting it since getting the new tranny. It all has every thing to do with Bad Grounds. even though the battery treminals look clean doesn't mean they are. You notice that the symtoms stop once you pull the terminals off. It's a pain but sometimes it's the nature of the beast we run.

I know this issue very well. and have been fighting it since getting the new tranny. It all has every thing to do with Bad Grounds. even though the battery treminals look clean doesn't mean they are. You notice that the symtoms stop once you pull the terminals off. It's a pain but sometimes it's the nature of the beast we run.

Hmm, John to the right of the ECM behind the downpipe you have a loose ground. It was connected good enough at the time but I knew it was questionable. I don't think it will make a difference because it was on there pretty good but you might check and see if it loosened up or something, might help with the issue a little :shrug:

Hmm, John to the right of the ECM behind the downpipe you have a loose ground. It was connected good enough at the time but I knew it was questionable. I don't think it will make a difference because it was on there pretty good but you might check and see if it loosened up or something, might help with the issue a little :shrug:

Dunno - not had the issue since the apps reset :) But I know the one you mean. ... will keep an eye on it.