• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

New Guy

DrJekyll86

Hi all. New to the forum and new to cummins diesels. Decided to join after stumbling on the site looking for solutions to the TC lockup cycling issue and was impressed with the quality of content and respect everyone seems to have for each other here. 

I picked up a 1999 4x4, auto trans, 138k miles to pull our RV (10k lbs). I work remote and will travel full time starting in the next couple of months. Primary interests are reliability, moderate power and decent towing. Looking for info on the WT mod atm and would appreciate any other recommendations! The truck currently has turbo back exhaust and replaced APPS sensor - otherwise stock. I have an airDog to install, plan to address trans cooling and reading up on tuners to decide what to use. 

Will eventually figure out how to get the motorcycle in the back of the truck since our RV isn't itself able to tow.

I have a lot of appreciation for communities like this. I'm fairly handy but not a mechanic. I have some experience with motorcycles and gas vehicles but no diesel. Excited to get to work!

• Like 1

• Owner

Welcome to the family here. There is no such thing as stupid or dumb questions. Everyone attempts to help and teach each other the knowledge we glean from each case or problems. 

I might be a mechanic but I'm a self taught on the Cummins diesels. This community started as a small collection of notes and info that mushroomed into what you see today.

As for the W-T ground wire mod is super simple and can be done in about 2 hours.

• Staff

Welcome @DrJekyll86!

You have absolutely stumbled into the right place and as far as being new to diesels you have the right one to start with. The 5.9 cummins is probably one of the easiest to work on and affordable compared to some of the newer ones in my opinion.

May I suggest reading articles, I learned a lot there. My 2001 in my signature is my first diesel as well and have had fun doing some of the mods and just driving it. I pull an 11k fifth wheel myself, not full time but she pulls without trouble. 

Also, there is a garage area where you can upload pics of your truck and list mods, repairs or whatever. 

Again, welcome! 

• Thanks 1

• Staff