• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Teachers reap what they sow

IBMobile

• Staff

School districts and the teacher in them have been teaching the progressive ideology which includes critical race theory and woke culture.  Now some of those teachings have come to fruition and are being implemented in their workplace. 

The agreement between the Minneapolis school district and the Minneapolis teacher's union states   "if excessing a teacher who is a member of a population underrepresented among licensed teachers in the site, the district shall excess the next least senior teacher, who is not a member of an underrepresented population."   This means the school district will lay off white teacher, no matter how much seniority they have, before “educators of color”. 

The agreement further goes on to state "the district shall prioritize the recall of a teacher who is a member of a population underrepresented among licensed teachers in the district."  This means “educators of color” will be reinstated first.   This district policy will take effect spring of 2023.   I smell a civil rights lawsuit here.

• Sad 3

• 2 months later...
  • Staff

If I was hiring any of the young folks these days, I would look for those that went to private schools. My Daughter who got her masters and Doctorate from a private University says she has a noticeable advantage over other applicants for any particular job interview. One company said we have over 300 applicants, asked which college she went to  to verify that she was indeed from George Fox U and the company said okay we are done looking, we don't want to talk to anyone else, you have the job. Just like that!

She was afraid to go because of the expense and she does have a big college loan but, her income also affords a nice living on only one job. 

Note.. It took 2 or 3 tries to get in after going to public schools but, she made it and I'm so proud of her. Each time I visited the campus there wasn't a speck of garbage and every time I walked up to open a door the students would open it or hold it open for me. Everyone spoke polite, like human beings, never a swear word and everyone was clean. cut nothing weird. It was like a breath of fresh air very pleasant  ea. time I visited there.

Edited by JAG1
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

My wife and I are both public school teachers in CA. We each have right around 30 yrs in and can see the light at the end of the tunnel in another year or so. There is no way in the world we'd recommend anyone going into public education in todays society. Even though we're in CA, we live in the north part of the state and the "wokeness" isn't quite so bad up here but the quality of the students we're getting is terrible. While we still have GREAT students, the percentage of those per class is declining. Instead they are getting replaced by students who are either "damaged (for lack of a better word)" due to horrible home lives or they come from the "gimmee" generation where they think they can do nothing in class, can be disrespectful beyond description but then still expect a decent grade (can someone say "participation trophy"?). Then their parents come in and try to blame their disfunction on the school system!

I'm looking forward to retiring in 1-2 years and am working on offering wood/metal/blacksmithing classes out of my home shop to the local charter school after I retire. I can't wait to get some decent, fully functional students in front of me to work with for a change! 

• Like 4