• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Compound Turbo install complete

It pulls really hard when the boost kicks in, keep catching myself going way to fast too quick.  I put some turbo blankets on yesterday to help reduce some of the under hood heat.  They don't fit as well as I had hoped but they are better than nothing.  The wastegate bracket is in the way for the top turbo and the bottom one is so close to the heat exchanger that it's hard to stuff it through the gap.  

That's what I'm hoping, haven't had to tow with it yet.  I almost got to yesterday when the wheel bearing on my wifes jeep came apart on the highway but unfortunately I need the jeep to get my flatbed out of my back yard as the truck is too long to make the turn without hitting my fence.  I may pull my camper out this weekend to winterize and drag it around to see if I notice a difference.   

• 3 weeks later...
  • Owner

In time the new feeling will wear off. The only thing I can suggest is like myself I typically run either level 2 or level 3 on the Quadzilla being the injectors alone provide good amount of daily driving power. Then when its time for play then I can crank it up on level 4+. With winter knocking on my door step here in New Meadows and seeing snow on my trip home I know that I'll need to keep the power down to level 2 most likely. 

Oh... :whistle: Pretty soon I'll be releasing a updated version of my Economy Tune. Most the timing map was altered and produces better low RPM power and mid RPM power for cruising. I've not had a lot of time to play with it since I've been gone the last two weeks. Yes, I built this tune just few days before I left for my Texas Road Trip. 

On 10/25/2022 at 5:08 PM, Mopar1973Man said:

Pretty soon I'll be releasing a updated version of my Economy Tune.

I could use a new tune, just do not get any time at all to mess with my truck ever but it would need to be for towing

I just dropped my timing down a degree across the whole range and EGT are a little down and coolant a little higher, It feels better and I guess it's burning more of the charge in the cyclinder hence the coolant increase and the EGT decrease maybe ??  still bucking a little towing in LU OD off so going to take some more timing out and see when I get the time, right now I just pedal back a little when it starts bucking, at least it's a sure way of NOT reducing the trans to metal filings :)

On 10/26/2022 at 10:51 AM, wil440 said:

I could use a new tune, just do not get any time at all to mess with my truck ever but it would need to be for towing

I just dropped my timing down a degree across the whole range and EGT are a little down and coolant a little higher, It feels better and I guess it's burning more of the charge in the cyclinder hence the coolant increase and the EGT decrease maybe ??  still bucking a little towing in LU OD off so going to take some more timing out and see when I get the time, right now I just pedal back a little when it starts bucking, at least it's a sure way of NOT reducing the trans to metal filings :)

I just saw Quadzilla sells custom tunes, $100 a pop though.  They are giving 50% off from now until the end of December though.  You get free tune revisions for the first 30 days as well if you have issues.  Another option is 1badvp44performancellc.com also writes tunes for $100.  I know it's expensive for a tune but they are written with your truck specs in mind and it's an option if time or lack of ability is an issue.  I've got a better understanding of these thanks to mike but I still get confused if I don't keep up on it.  

Edited by Sycostang67
  • Thanks 3