• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Anyone try these lights?

• Staff

Just curious if anyone has tried these. They're similar in appearance and design to the Harley Davidson day maker headlight. I have one on my bike and it's very bright. 

Screenshot_20230108_175715_Chrome.jpg

I would not be powering these through the factory headlight switch, rather use one of the switches in my switch panel. 

They also have the halo if you want to hook that up. May just power both the halo and light on dame switch. Not sure yet. Haven't ordered them yet, still debating.

• Staff
  • Staff

@Andyba20, my truck didn't come with them from factory. I considered getting a factory switch with the fog light combo but I already have some empty switches to use thats all. Your right though, should be very little draw and nearly plug and play.

@IBMobile, yes they also have them on Amazon, I would prefer to get them there also. I just happened to have the screen shot from ebay. 

5 hours ago, Doubletrouble said:

and nearly plug and play

For 5 years or so I've had fog lights on the shelf to put on my truck that didn't come with them, I even have the different bumper inserts and the factory-type switch. Once I looked under the truck for the wiring harness, I realized I needed yet more wiring to hook it up and moved onto other projects.

9 hours ago, Doubletrouble said:

not sure if the wiring is under mine

I think most of the wiring is there, but IIRC there's like a "jumper" from the main harness to the lights. I was going to look at that this afternoon, and instead discovered that a squirrel had again made a nest under my hood, so got distracted with that cleanup. Had forgotten to refresh the mothball supply...

KIMG1352.JPG

• Sad 1

On 1/13/2023 at 9:51 PM, Doubletrouble said:

Just curious if anyone has tried these. They're similar in appearance and design to the Harley Davidson day maker headlight. I have one on my bike and it's very bright. 

Screenshot_20230108_175715_Chrome.jpg

I would not be powering these through the factory headlight switch, rather use one of the switches in my switch panel. 

They also have the halo if you want to hook that up. May just power both the halo and light on dame switch. Not sure yet. Haven't ordered them yet, still debating.

I got a set of them off Amazon a few years ago.  They work OK. Because they are LEDs, I have both lights on full time as DRLs using my lift pump relay. I like the fact that they are DOT approved.  I would get them again 

• Like 1