• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Vehicle Accident

Mopar1973Man

• Owner

Locally just about 5 to 6 miles south of me a propane truck rolled over with about 11,000 gallons of propane. The highway has been close heading south. 

image.png

Now according to what I know HAZMAT crews are attempting to drill and vent the propane to be burned. Last night Idaho power had shut power down for at least 4 hours. When the power came back it showed the highway open. Now this morning highway is closed again. I've got to get info today to find out what happened.

I was planning on Friday having a customer come get his truck. But the highway was blocked by the accident. Bad part neither my cell phone (Active 911 App) or my fire radio (Digital project 25) toned out. I never even knew that the accident happened. Why I'm outside the loop. 

Even if I had a wrench job I couldn't get parts being both of the NAPA stores I deal with are south of the accident. No US mail being it comes from the south. Limited supplies being Riggins is a small town.

Few of my friends had to make the long trip of 7 hours to drive all the way to Ontario OR to catch I84 and head north towards Lewiston to come back down US95 again through Riggins. Even my neighbors 80+ years old wound up driving 7 hours to get back home.

Sadly I had plans for this weekend to head to a friend's place and go ATV riding in the southern Idaho. Make things worse my water heater here at the house started leaking. Thanks to Mark my tenant in my guest house managed to get me a water heater from Fiddle Creek hardware. So this morning we got to finish the install and convert it over to 110 VAC with 1100 watt elements from my old heater. Remember I only have 4kw inverter I can run 4500 watt elements. Hence the conversion.

Screenshot_20230211_072306.jpg

Highway is closed between milepost 180 to 161. I'm at 181 milepost and the tanker is at milepost 176.

Edited by Mopar1973Man