• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Noooo!!! (tree fell on truck)

As IBMOBILE  says remove the headliner you'll see what's going on much better anyway 

Not sure if you have seen Fantom Works, car restoration shop in USA on TV here at the moment,  they just did similar damage on a 64 GTO but on the A and B pillars which were crushed but sideways not downwards No parts available so managed to pull both back into shape 

• Like 1

• Staff

At least you have a good idea on the direction of impact. You'll be able to push in the opposite direction to counter the damage. There may be some metal stretch, I've heard you can "shrink" it using heat then quickly after apply cold. May be worth googling. Lol

Keep us posted as you go and we like pics, just sayin.

• Like 1

There is a specific panel beating tool to shrink metal, I have one but have no  idea how to use it or how TF it shrinks metal :)  Come to think of it there is a panel beating tool to do most things to metal, I again have most but only any good with one ...... the old fashioned hammer

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Will you guys do me a favor and keep your eyes peeled for a passenger (right) side rear door for sale with the paint code PB7 and lower paint code QFK. I attached a pic below. I’m trying to find a matching door, but if I can’t find one in the next few weeks I’m going to just grab one locally from a parts truck and paint it myself as best I can. Not that this truck is ever going to be a show truck, but it’s pretty much mechanically perfect and I might as well make some effort to keep it looking respectable. I found one matching door on eBay, but I can’t get the seller to respond to any questions or requests for more pictures. Any leads are appreciated. 

BC98365D-C733-49C5-A63E-A0A44F612A41.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

Quick update. I got down to Greeneville last Friday to grab the door from the yard that @IBMobile found. The salvage yard doesn’t have a direct phone number so I wasn’t able to confirm any details about the door, I just had to go by the pictures posted. So I get there, see the truck, colors are perfect, walk around to the passenger side and….wrecked. So my heart sank, 3 hour drive…then I spot another 2nd gen…not 2 tone, but patriot blue…door was in great shape. Still trying to figure out the best way to straighten out the top of the door frame or jamb whatever’s it’s called. At this point I’m not worried about the paint, or the dent on the roof, I just want to get the door functional and dry.

29C64D59-7400-43CC-8023-D65E7ED9D72F.jpeg

• Like 2

• Owner

I had to go back and look at the photos at the beginning of the post. At least you got a complete door for the passenger side. Paint can be done later. I was wondering about the roof damage and how bad it is. Being it right near the rear door upper latch. You might want to call a body shop and see if they can provide a measurement chart of the door opening so you can properly realign the body to fit the doors properly. If you can get the headliner out and the door trims removed can you post photos I'm curious about the damage?

• Like 1

Taking to a guy tomorrow, I’m sure he’ll wanna take the headliner out, if he does I’ll get pics of everything. I’ve had a headliner job on my list for a while but it wasn’t really a priority. I know I keep saying it, but I’ve gotta pick my battles….fixing stuff has become a part time job lately. Track keeps coming off my Toro Dingo, so I’ve basically gained a PhD in mini skidsteers trying to solve that. Gonna have to start selling some stuff just to avoid the distractions.