• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

MAP sensor again or so I thought

I had a bad MAP maybe 2 or 3 months ago so ordered a SMP MAP from Rock along side the long steering joint, long story short, the steering joint bashed a hole in the box and on arrival no MAP, it had simply fallen out somewhere in the well over 3kmiles to get to me, to be fair Rock sent a replacement straight away, actually within the very same day as the delivery day, cured the no boost problem no bother

Fast forward 2 or 3 months and the same deal, intermittant no boost then everything all good for a indetermined time then no boost and NO power

I have been running my quad on LVL1 stock with boost fooling due to the damn cost of fuel here in the uk, ordered a new MAP 2 days ago with a view to a warranty claim with rock later now here comes the head scratcher, I thought " OK I'll try the quad on a higher setting" set it to LVL 4 and up to now no boost codes, check engine or no power...... WTF  I cannot see how a higher setting on the quad gets rid of a MAP sensor fault, to be fair I haven't checked voltages or continuity yet

• 3 weeks later...

Update

I've been running on all levels between 4 and 8 and everything is fine, currently on lvl 5 no codes/ check engine light I'll try putting it back to 1 and see

• Owner
On 4/29/2023 at 1:03 PM, wil440 said:

I have been running my quad on LVL1 stock with boost fooling

Sorry level one is Valet mode. Valet mode locks to the setting on the setting page and doesn't provide any additional fuel. I'm not sure you get any timing while on level 1. You should be on Level 2 which is stock fuel with timing. Level 2 caps out the fuel table to just 100% so no additional fuel above 100% will be given.

• 1 month later...