• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Anyone close have a smarty I can borrow?

• Staff

I've been wanting to get the high idle enabled in my truck, dealer wants more than I think it's worth so next option is to get a smarty and plug it in which will enable this feature.

I know DAP will "rent" them out for this but you basically buy it then return it which ties up $650+ until they get it back. 

Figured I'd ask if someone has one I could borrow to get this enabled. 

Wish I could help you.  I need to do this to mine also. I did not know that this could be activated by a dealer. My plan at this time was to do it with a Quadzilla w/Iquad tuner that is high on the to do list. How much did your local dealer want? I hate to think what mine would want at 165.00 an hour labor

4 hours ago, Doubletrouble said:

I've been wanting to get the high idle enabled in my truck

I have a Smarty S03 and the high idle is enabled on my truck.  I was not impressed with it at all.  First, there are many times I wished the high idle would come on in the 6 cyl mode, but it never did.  Then, when it did operate, it ramped up to the 6 cyl high idle  and then switched to the 3 cyl high idle.  OBNOXIOUS!!  HORRIBLE!!  The first time it activated, I was in the house.  I thought the oil drain plug must have fallen out and all the rods were knocking.  Not for me.  These trucks are already noisy enough - especially when they are cold. 

So, last summer I decided to install my own mechanical high idle.  It works very well and I get to be the boss and turn it on whenever I want.  It is also nice to have on a 100° day in a parking lot.

I posted what I did on this site.  Here's a link.

- John

I have the high idle enabled from my old Smarty S03, it works great in 6 cyl and 3 cyl which I just experienced for the first time when it got -5 here in TN a few weeks ago. To @Tractorman’s point it does sound awful in 3 cyl but I was expecting it.  I sold the Smarty for an Adrenaline, but I liked the Smarty just fine and it gets way too much hate in my opinion. I never had any trouble with it and it was simple. Double-try posting in a local Facebook group, it wouldn’t take 10 minutes for somebody to let you use their Smarty. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...