• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Hi Guys,Thinking of purchasing one of these. I like the adjustability of it & the fact that I'm using bioblends or adding filtered WVO in warm weather only. Above 10% my low pressure light comes on till I add more diesel to thin it out! Been seeing it around for about $365. And since Michael thinks the Fass Dodge Direct Replacement is junk.Any thoughts? Thanks,Dave

• Owner

And since Michael thinks the Fass Dodge Direct Replacement is junk.

The only reason why I say that I don't agree with them... 1. It mounts in the factory location. Too far from the fuel tank a pump is not designed to suck... A pump is design to push fuel. 2. FASS DDRP is only rated for 45 GPH which just happens to be 10 above a stock Carter pump. Bosch requires at least 70% of the fuel return to the tank so if the WOT of astock truck is around 18-20 GPH how can a 40-45 GPH pump supply 70% volume return it can't... This is why I suggest at least a 95-100 GPH pump even stock. So that right back to FASS, AirDog or Raptor. 3. By the time you add a big line kit and relocate the pump and get done you spent more money on the FSS DDRP pump and the big line kit than a Raptor... 4. The other sad part is the FASS DDRP is not a lifetime warranty. AirDog, Raptor and full FASS are lifetime warranties...
  • Like 2

I have the Raptor 150. Installed it with the big line kit. Night and day difference in the performance of my truck. Best mod I've done yet. It is a PITA to get to the top of the tank. Like Moparman said, sit up and you can see it better. You might want to think about taking the fender support screws out as well so your back doesn't look like a cat got a hold of you. Don't ask me how I know:rolleyes:

• Like 1

I have the Raptor 150. Installed it with the big line kit. Night and day difference in the performance of my truck. Best mod I've done yet. It is a PITA to get to the top of the tank. Like Moparman said, sit up and you can see it better. You might want to think about taking the fender support screws out as well so your back doesn't look like a cat got a hold of you. Don't ask me how I know:rolleyes:

was you :cry: when you got done doing that?but you were:woot:when you finished tho.:thumbup2:

was you :cry: when you got done doing that?but you were:woot:when you finished tho.:thumbup2:

Yup! I tried taking the screws out and they weren't coming out easy. So, instead of making more work for myself I cussed my way through the scratches.:mad::cookoo: And I was happy as heck when I took it for the test drive.:hyper:

was you :cry: When you got done doing that?but you were:woot:when you finished tho.:thumbup2:

lol!

--- Update to the previous post...

I'm glad it work out for you... I'm surprise yo sat on the outside of the tank and fought for there... I would of sat between the driveshaft and the tank and got it easy... :rolleyes:

But live and learn...

I've done it both ways, it's still work! As for getting the bolts off the tank straps, I use my 1/2 CP air impact gun w/ a deep well 6 pt socket. I also use 2 floor jacks to bring it down & put it back up. It's usually me, myself, & I doing all the work. So I try to make it as easy as I can to make the job as painless as possible. It's a bit easier if there is only an 1/8 tank of fuel. One thing though, I've never been smart enough to figure how the electrical connection comes a part. I'm always afraid that I'm going to break it, don't want to do that!

Again thanks, gassernomore, rockcrawler69, white01, & of course Main Man Michael!

Dave

The bigline kit will help relieve a large restriction. Its a much better system than stock, and if you feel you want better filtration later I have inline Caterpillar filters that a superior to the airdog ones. Search "cat" on my site. Replacement filters are readily available and are only about $10 each.

The bigline kit will help relieve a large restriction. Its a much better system than stock, and if you feel you want better filtration later I have inline Caterpillar filters that a superior to the airdog ones. Search "cat" on my site. Replacement filters are readily available and are only about $10 each.

Gr8! I will keep that in mind. Will be a plus when running BioD. Much cheaper than the stock Fuel filter. Even if I went through Geno's. Around here a FF is about 30 bucks at the part store. I'll check out your site & bookmark it as well. BTW the Raptor is only a pump w/ an ajustable pressure valve w/ no filter(s), for those you you that are not familiar w/ the Raptor. I was going to keep my stock filter w/ heater, so your inline system could be the ticket! Thanks DieselAutoPower! Dave

I'm torn on that Mopar1973Man, I think ideally a strainer like 100 micron before the pump and then the filters after the pump. Electric pumps like to push fuel.Either way you have a lifetime warranty with the raptor. If you burn it up you will be down, but covered.Big line kit is an important upgrade. If you are to cheap to get good fittings at least enlarge the orifices on the banjo bolt.

after posting i looked at a cutaway view of an airdog 100/150 and it appeared the fuel paases thru one filter then thru the pump then thru the second filter. the first filter for large debris the second much finer. would it be bneficial to do the cat filter the same way?

I'm torn on that Mopar1973Man, I think ideally a strainer like 100 micron before the pump and then the filters after the pump. Electric pumps like to push fuel. Either way you have a lifetime warranty with the raptor. If you burn it up you will be down, but covered. Big line kit is an important upgrade. If you are to cheap to get good fittings at least enlarge the orifices on the banjo bolt.

Thanks Diesel, My next question was going to be about the warranty, I was wondering if Air Dog stood behind or gave an excuse, like for me, sorry, not covered because you are running BioD w/ it. Thanks you all for your comments, Dave