• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

2006 Transplant no start

dieselclam

HELP!!! I've tranplanted a 2006 HPCR into a 2000 Ford Excursion 4x4 with an Allison 1000 5-speed and I CANNOT get it to fire. Anyone got any ideas? I had Bob Wagner (Smarty) program the ECU to shut off the SKIM requirement and make it into a "stickshift" so I can run the Allison TCM as a stand alone. I have 90hp injector tips, a modified cam and have bypassed all the wiring I can think of just to eliminate potential problems so I can get it running, but it simply will NOT fire without a shot of NO-NO fluid, but will not keep running. Once the ether is gone, no fire, period. Also, it appears that the oil pump is losing it's prime if it sits overnight and won't pump oil up to the rockers without forcing oil into the turbo oil feed tube first. Any ideas and suggestions short of shoving it off a cliff would be appreciated. Thanks in advance- steve "dieselclam holmes

• Owner

Like I tell everyone it time to get basic to basics... What is required of a diesel engine to run? 1. Fuel2. Compression So is the fuel rail getting pressure? Any air in the fuel? Grid heater is not a huge requirement to make it start but it will help... You might baby it by plugging in the block heater... If the block heater is plugged in you can un hook the grid heaters and give a small burst of starter fluid and see if it pops... If so you know you got good compression. So then I would double check the ECM to be sure it getting power and coming online to fire the injectors...

• Staff

What kind of wiring bypassing have you done?There is very little you can bypass on these HPCR's and make them run. I would guess you have an issue with the HP system, whether the ECM is telling it not to fire for a missing/loose connection, or a bad FCA or Injector. I would pull the injectors and have them tested, then start looking at the CP3. A Stage 1 Bag of Parts will change out all the common problem parts with high performance ones, so that may be a place to start if the injectors test good.

• 1 month later...

:banghead: 1) You cannot make a Freightliner configuration engine think it's a Dodge because the tone wheels for the crankshaft and the cam shaft are in different locations. Time to buy a grossly overpriced, remanufactured and reprogrammed CM-850 computer from Cummins because the CM-849 just ain't gonna work.2) "a few dyno pulls" means that they pulled the rings right out of the engine so I didn't have enough compression to even light the fire despite how good the cylinder walls look.3) My rule of thumb for how long it's going to take to finish a project (2.5 times my best honest guess) is not obsolete but ancient history. 4) Injecting methanol into a diesel engine will make it run great for only a very short and very expensive amount of time. A belated thank you for the suggestions.

IIRC, ~+20,000psi off idle at the rail. -=- edit -=- Found this tidbit..

Idle you should see 8-10psi off the lift pump. Running down the road should be 4-6psi, at wide open throttle as long as you have some pressure your ok. Now the rail pressure is a different story. . . The rail itself should have about 5K at idle, 12-16K normal cruise, and at wide open throttle you should see it rise to as much as 22K but level out around 20K-ish.