• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

fuel tank

most ive ever put in mine when the light comes on is 26 i recently drove it down to arkansas all highway driving 60-65 mph and without correcting for tire size ( dont know how to) i got 316 miles out of 3/4 of a tank which was about 16 mpg's with my edge on 1x1!!!! i guess this is ok for a truck with 315 tires and 4.10's with a NV4500???!!!!:shrug:

• Owner

most ive ever put in mine when the light comes on is 26 i recently drove it down to arkansas all highway driving 60-65 mph and without correcting for tire size ( dont know how to) i got 316 miles out of 3/4 of a tank which was about 16 mpg's with my edge on 1x1!!!! i guess this is ok for a truck with 315 tires and 4.10's with a NV4500???!!!!:shrug:

Umm... learn curve for Edge Comp boxes... The quick answer is 1x1 is going to give you the least boost of MPG over 5x5 will give you the most...

You main level is how much timing curve you going to get with the maximum amount of fuel. So for the most timing you need the main level set to 5. So 1 being the least amount of timing and 5 being the most.

Now as for sub level... Sublevel is how fast you get to full fuel and timing in relationship to boost.

1. 33% of stock fuel and timing till 20 PSI

2. 50% of stock fuel and timing till 15 PSI

3. 67% of stock fuel and timing till 10 PSI

4. Some extra fuel and timing at 0 PSI

5. Full fuel and timing at 0 PSI

So if you looking for the most amount of timing keep it on 5x5 and use a light foot... Another tip is as the boost rises above 5 PSI the timing starts to retard. This princepal is from the autoignition temperature.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autoignition_temperature

The autoignition temperature or kindling point of a substance is the lowest temperature at which it will spontaneously ignite in a normal atmosphere without an external source of ignition, such as a flame or spark. This temperature is required to supply the activation energy needed for combustion. The temperature at which a chemical will ignite decreases as the pressure increases (Boost pressure) or oxygen concentration increases. It is usually applied to a combustible fuel mixture.

So to keep timing correct the VP44 is going to retard slighly to keep from over advancing the timing...

post-2-138698173236_thumb.png

Take notice the timing it more advanced at low boost pressures compared to high boost. So running the Edge Comp on 5x5 with a light foot and low boost pressures you can increase that stock table higher... :cool:

Im in the same boat as you heavyd. I can only get about 26 gallons in my tank and I get about 16&1/2 mpg. I have jammer 150's and I have been playing with my comp settings. I have been running it on 5x5 and the mileage didnt change from 2x5 or 3x5 but I also have an auto and 3.55 gears with 265 series tires. In the last 2 months I have gotten both 0216 and 1688 so my pump is on its way out too.:cry: