• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Injector Install

Yeah Funny enough the only real issues I had was with the VP44 end. The sets of 3 lines 1,2,4 and 3,5,6 The middle bolt is hard to get to as its blocked off by other two on each side - so I found it real hard to get anything on it to tighten/loosten. I was using a stubby wrench - but still not enough clearance - must be a better way ???

Use a less stubby wrench.. Or you could put a gearwrench on the nut before you put the line on and tighten it up, then just leave the wrench hanging on the line for next time :lmao:

Use a less stubby wrench.. Or you could put a gearwrench on the nut before you put the line on and tighten it up, then just leave the wrench hanging on the line for next time :lmao:

Ha ! - yeah I don't remember the vp44 end being that hard last time

Got the +75's in ...... nice :thumbup2:

Enough power to notice - will have to see what happens on cruise trips for MPG.

Found a couple guys installing injectors without doing anything but loosening injectors lines at head - prying connector tubes 1/4" out and replacing injector 1x at a time being careful.

Saves SOOO much effort. Going to try it sometime. Good to know.

Now just need a HX35 ...........

--- Update to the previous post...

Funny I got the pump end totally figured out with standard open end wrench...

Whats your wrench look like - and how do you get it onto the middle line at vp44 end (of each set of 3) and have enough room to turn. With my stubby - I can just get it on - but I have to flex the other lines (already off) of the 3 part set in order to turn it.

It was worse going back on.

Was thinking about shaving down the outer curve of my wrench to give me a few more mm on each side clearance.

• 2 weeks later...