• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

• Owner

The coldest I've gone down to was -20*F... I think beyond that you pushing your luck... Even by Chevron's standards my fuel should of been a solid brick in the tank. post-2-138698173145_thumb.jpg I don't suggest doing this unless you got a back up plan... In my neck of the woods this is a very dangerous thing to do without a fall back plan. No cell service and some roads get little to no traffic...

SuperTech actually is PennzOil and no its not synthetic... Just good ol' fashion petroluem oil. Now going back a few year and remembering the stuff I did research on back in 2006-2007. As for SuperTech Unversial 2 Cycle Oil it has a pour point of -40*F. Normal winterized diesel at least here in Idaho has a pour point of -20*F. The the reason why synthetic 2 cycle shouldn't be use is because since all synthetic oil hav no parafin base oil in it... It had no reason to use a pour point depressant (PPD) which all petroluem oil must have to keep them from gelling. As for the effect 2 cycle oil has on fuel it not very clear as for gelling. But this is the way I look at it... If you got a jar of water you know the water is going to freeze at 32*F. Now take a jar of salt water you know the freeze point of salt water is below that of normal water. But it depends on how much salt is in the salt water. Now mix the salt water and normal water together and you know the salt water will have effect but how much is unknown. Now with that said replace water with diesel fuel and salt water with 2 cycle oil and you'll now understand my thoughts and theory of 2 cycle oil in the winter time. So if normal diesel is -20*F for a pour point and 2 cycle oil is -40*F surely it got to have a effect..

So does PennzOil make all the SuperTech stuff? I run the cheapest price syn motor oil in all my gas cars as well, instead of like a Mobil1. Just am curious about who makes the other SuperTech products is all. Thanks, Dave

Luckily temps below -20 are not too common. but we do get a couple weeks in Januaray and feb that can and do drop to and below -20 and -30 can be fairly common for short periods. Probably only see -40 once every few years. But then wind chill factors are another story when its -20 with 35 mph winds.:ahhh:

• Owner

None that I found... I've ran it nearly 100K miles (actual 90K o far).

[*]Will not plug filters (2-3 micron)

[*]Will not foul injectors with soot.

After 70K+ miles of 2 cycle oil.

post-2-138698173201_thumb.jpg

After burn WEO/WMO (Ash deposits)

Posted Image

You be the judge... :stuned:

As you can see the 2 cycle oil is a safe additive to use in your fuel where WEO/WMO, WVO, ATF contain ash and will build up on your injectors. Where 2 cycle oil is ashless and will not damage you fuel system...

• Like 1