• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

What is this thing on my pillar?...

When I purchased my truck, it came equipped with a performance tuner. I didn't know what it was, what it did, or how it worked.I later found out it was a Quadzilla, not sure exactly which one. Must be one of the older ones, because the one I have, I couldn't find on their website. I started messing with it and realized none of the features I had set would work. Now, I don't know how many of you know much about these Quadzillas but, i'm debating on wether or not I should keep it on the truck.Under the hood I found a disconnected EGT sensor. I don't know if it belongs to the the Quadzilla specifically, or if it's factory. But, it could be why nothing on this thing works, who knows.I know for a fact, I eventually wanna do some performance mods on my truck, but if this things doesn't work, why keep it on? All it does is turn on and looks nice on the pillar.To keep it on, or to not keep it on... is the question.

Alright, so I just checked out the manual. Now I know which one it is (Adrenaline).Somehow I have the feeling something went wrong with the EGT part of the installation. It's disconnected but plugged at the exhaust manifold for some reason.Could it be the previous owner returned everything to it's stock settings?I wouldn't disconnect anything or return it to stock settings if I got rid of it. I'm hoping there's a reasonable explanation for all this.

Alright, so I just checked out the manual. Now I know which one it is (Adrenaline). Somehow I have the feeling something went wrong with the EGT part of the installation. It's disconnected but plugged at the exhaust manifold for some reason. Could it be the previous owner returned everything to it's stock settings? I wouldn't disconnect anything or return it to stock settings if I got rid of it. I'm hoping there's a reasonable explanation for all this.

Do you have the pulse or control pod ?? If you have power - make sure its on a decent level - like PL06 and see that you have a fair amount of power off the line. Basically check all connections and make sure its tapped the VP44. EGT is just an EGT gauge using thermocouple - shouldn't break the quad. Worst case - take EVERYTHING off ..... and reinstall in as per the instructions which you can download. Then you know its done right. IF you have problems call QUAD - you may need to send it in and get it looked at. Its about $500 worth of chip - and probably the most sought after out there for our trucks - so if you can fix it - keep it :)

I'm confused, the display box that sits in the pillar has the PCM1000 and the box sitting in the engine bay says ADR1002.

I thought I had the adrenaline but, now can't figure out if it's the adrenaline or pulse... :banghead:

How good are these by the way?

--- Update to the previous post...

Display box looks exactly like the one on the link ISX posted.

I'm confused, the display box that sits in the pillar has the PCM1000 and the box sitting in the engine bay says ADR1002.

I thought I had the adrenaline but, now can't figure out if it's the adrenaline or pulse... :banghead:

How good are these by the way?

--- Update to the previous post...

Display box looks exactly like the one on the link ISX posted.

You have the ADRENALINE BOX with the PULSE V1 display module.

This and EDGE are the 2 main fuel/timing power modules for our vp44's.

Its a $500 power enhancement and adds over 120-180HP (or almost double your stock). Its a NICE chip. Get it working - and just go easy on your tranny .... don't floor in and stick to the lower power levels. You should pick up some MPG as well once you get it working as long as you do ....

Well, what can i say?It's there so... I'm glad I ain't gotta spend the $500 out of my pocket.I will look into this some more when I have a chance and start over with the install, I don't really feel like laying on the snow in nine degree weather. :nono: