• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

The moment you've all been waiting for "SPORT/QUAD HEADLIGHT CONVERSION"

man that is great work and im sure tough at times. thank you very much. but now i must ask a dumb question what is the difference in sport headlights from i guess the norm headlights?:shrug:

separate bulbs for high beams, clear lenses, much much better reflectors.

• 8 months later...

Sup,I know this is a little on the old side........but...Was looking at the added photos and based off the one picture with the relays on the board and the one pig tail that connects into the OEM connection. What about the two pig tails that lead to the actual light? I am thinking that the two that lead to the light are connected to the relay?? Anyone got a picture of this setup with the leads that run from the relays to the actual headlight? Any help would be great. Thanks.oudive

Sup,

I know this is a little on the old side........but...Was looking at the added photos and based off the one picture with the relays on the board and the one pig tail that connects into the OEM connection. What about the two pig tails that lead to the actual light? I am thinking that the two that lead to the light are connected to the relay?? Anyone got a picture of this setup with the leads that run from the relays to the actual headlight? Any help would be great. Thanks.

Yes, the leads go to the Relays..Here you go ...

oudive

Sup,

oudive
Sorry about that, i cant seem to get them to cut and paste.. but here is the link.....

http://forum.mopar1973man.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2362&d=1294190527.

:thumb1:.

--- Update to the previous post...

Here is the link for the Harness from the relay boards to the OEM headlight plug

http://forum.mopar1973man.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2361&d=1294189937

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Thanks so much for the graphics. I don't have any Microsoft products so I had to take the files to work to open them, they won't show in OpenOffice. There's a great *free* pdf creation tool called CutePDF, just pick it as your printer and it spits out a nice pdf, or use OpenOffice or LibreOffice, they even have a nice free drawing app. Anyway, here is a universal version of your diagrams.[ATTACH]3624[/ATTACH]

Dodge Ram Sport Headlight Conversion.pdf

• 4 weeks later...

Hey,Just wanted to give an update. I did this sport upgrade and the wiring as described in this thread. Just to give a little background; I went from stock OEM to aftermarket 2 piece headlight with clear lens and retro fitted them with FXR projectors w/HID, then to the sport headlight. The sport headlight is the happy medium and easy to maintain. If a ballast or HID component went bad, no stopping at local auto parts store for new part. With this sport conversion, everything is pretty much easier to get. Light out put is great, and the whole wiring with relays is very easy to follow. If anyone ask me about headlight upgrades, this is where I am going to direct them. If your wanting to upgrade your lights, this is the ticket. oudiveSent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...

Building my harness now and have a quick question or two,1) What do diodes do? I see you listed 2 options for relays, one with diodes and one without. are they vital?2) What size/type fuses are you guys using on the hot wire from the battery? i have limited experience with electrical. The post said 40 amp relays soI didn't know if i needed to use 40 amp fuses as well???Thanks in advance.Zack

Building my harness now and have a quick question or two, 1) What do diodes do? I see you listed 2 options for relays, one with diodes and one without. are they vital? 2) What size/type fuses are you guys using on the hot wire from the battery? i have limited experience with electrical. The post said 40 amp relays soI didn't know if i needed to use 40 amp fuses as well??? Thanks in advance. Zack

Diodes allow voltage to flow only in one direction only. This keeps voltages from "back-feeding" through and sending power to something that you don't want to receive power. 40A relay is just what the relay is capable of handling. so if you push 20A or 30A through a 40A relay, it will not heat up. as for fuse-size, that will basically depend on wire-gauge and end-device capabilities. But wire-gauge ampacity is where you need to look, first.. Roughly, if you're running a 30A device, you'll need a 25-30A fuse, and minimum of 12g stranded copper. I used to have the ampacity chart memorized (old job relied on it), but I've not used it in years..

• 1 month later...

I wanted to say a sincere thank you for this post. My truck had the quad/sport headlights when I purchased it; however, unknown to me at the time they were wired incorrectly. This had caused my headlights to go out twice.:banghead: I "fixed" it (incorrectly) once, :doh: and this post saved me from a lot of wasted time and frustration. I had to tweak it slightly due to my truck having HIDs; however, essentially it was the same. Thanks again for the great post!