• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Mpg

dually

It's moving the fuel tank vent to a "higher" location so that you can get more fuel in the tank. The reasoning behind this is that...............it's the same tank when the truck is built whether it's a gasser or diesel. With a gas truck you have to allow some expansion room for the expansion of the liquid fuel as well as the vapor. And since gasoline vaporizes way more readily than diesel fuel, you need a "buffer"/ extra tank space to accomodate the gasoline vapors. Diesel fuel doesn't vaporize as readily as gasoline does, so we can use the extra tank space for fuel. Crawl under your truck and look at the fuel tank. It's not just a square box, but it's a staggered layered compartment. By moving the vent to a higher location on the tank, you can fill the tank with more fuel!! There's a couple companies that make kits for this, or you can do a search here for the parts needed. I'm pretty sure it's in the archives!!! If not, Mike will know where to point you!!In my opinion, this is the best mod I've done to my 04.5!!!

• Like 1