• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

This is the most annoying problem I ever had. It is the torque converter locking and unlocking. Mine has done this many times. Try to fix it soon as it puts a lot of stress on the input shaft when this is happening. I killed a tranny this way. You can try resetting the appps and see if that fixes it. You can check all the grounds. You can replace the apps sensor. You can add a noise isolator. I bet if you did those things it would fix it.

• Like 1

Mine does it at 30 MPH with light throttle at a steady constant speed. With TPS at 24.3% and if I add a little throttle to 26.5% it'll do it. Same when I let off the throttle it'll do it again.

Very annoying, I must say. Seriously debating on the quick fix.

--- Update to the previous post...

How would resetting the APPS fix this?

Mine does it at 30 MPH with light throttle at a steady constant speed. With TPS at 24.3% and if I add a little throttle to 26.5% it'll do it. Same when I let off the throttle it'll do it again.

Very annoying, I must say. Seriously debating on the quick fix.

--- Update to the previous post...

How would resetting the APPS fix this?

• 2 weeks later...