• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Scangauge question

I recently got a scangauge and it shows 0.00 gph when idling or on fast idle. Is this normal or is there a setting to change? I can't see how it can be accurate on mpg if it doesn't record idling time.

I spent an hour talking to Mike about that yesterday :lol: His will not show anything on GPH until the coolant temp is over 123F (turns on ECT fooler). Then it shows 0.11GPH or so. But it is still flawed. For some reason the idle GPH is just not accurate at all. For instance, I went out and tested mine yesterday by sticking the return and supply lines into a fancy thing with very tedious measurements on it. The truck was probably around 80F and idles at about 620RPM. It burned 0.666GPH at that temp/rpm. I don't see a 24V burning 6X less fuel to go an even faster 750RPM.

Yeap there has been several updates... Just called them and found out version 3.15 is out and I've got the orignal 3.0 software... So I'm going to ship mine back for a free software update... :smart: Mike, I have 3.17 on my unit. Are you telling me that 3.15 is newer than 3.17?

Yeap there has been several updates... Just called them and found out version 3.15 is out and I've got the orignal 3.0 software... So I'm going to ship mine back for a free software update... :smart: Well I just got mine, run 2 tanks of fuel with it in fact, surely it would have the most current software. Just checked mine and it is version 3.17. I sure wish it showed gph like gassernomore's...

• Owner

I found a article about ScanGauge II going to update again... :hyper:

http://www.pureenergysystems.com/store/ScanGauge/USB.htm

The main issue causing delay is the difficulty of making the software so it is upgradeable, but so that it can't be hacked for reverse engineering and knock-offs. The unit then needs to be beta-tested for at least a month before being made available generally.

The interface is a unit with memory and processing power itself. It has a cable that plugs into the unused connector on the ScanGaugeII and another that plugs into a USB port on a computer. They don't have to both be plugged in at the same time.

The interface will use SD Cards for data storage. You can plug it into the ScanGauge for logging and for other upload/download tasks. It can be removed from the vehicle and taken to a computer for data transfers.

The ScanGaugeII has all the hardware needed for the interface, but will need an upgrade of its program to use it. The Upgrade is free when you purchase the interface. Once this feature is ready, we'll just have you send in your ScanGauge, and we'll update it.

Price has not been finalized yet. It is expected to be under $100. This will also include the software for a windows based computer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hmm, need to check my software. Glad I live close enough to drive to the ScanGauge office! Joe

So if you do drive over could you ask them why mine doesn't register accurate gph at idle or fast idle but gassernomore's does? There might be other's that work properly too as far as that goes.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Fueled up today and had to change the fuel offset to 60. Every tankful is different. I've had it as low as 35 so what's going on here? At this rate it sure isn't useful for watching my mpg's.

That's how mine is, 60 one tank, then 160 the next.. Even if I wait for several thousand miles to calibrate it, then wait several thousand miles again its off by 50% or more... But it was accurate on my 07 Tacoma so I believe its how Dodge sends the fuel usage thru the OBDII port. My SGII is 3.15. I did just get rail pressure codes for it thou and am SUPER happy with that!

• 1 month later...

I have been in contact with Linear Logic, about this issue and they have a list of XGauges for me to try. After this it sounds like there is custom software they will create after they find the way to solve it. I will let you all know how the testing goes and what I find out. Hopefully within the next couple weeks.

• Like 1