• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

pile of codes and a no bus and a confused owner

driving home from work about a month ago pedal goes dead replace apps sensor. drive to work does fine leave work just fine till a mile from home dead pedal again. reset apps good to the end of the driveway. back to the garage now with codes 1693 1286 0237 0236 0122 1475 0577. checked for broken wires and bad grounds replaced map sensor. started it up no bus and still no pedal. im lost

I would look into a timbo apps.The grounds on these trucks are vary important.Did you look at the 6 grounds that come together in front of the battery drivers side? Look at the head light and go down from there.It is a bugger to get at mine was all rot.The factory spot welds this ground so if you put a wrench on the nut it may snap off.Thats what happened to me.I then bought a small battery ground from autozone and soldered them all together.As far as the cruise i think the column has a switch that goes bad maybe MM will chime in and will help more with this.What is the age of batterys and apps?

• Owner

If you test the sensors and everything checks out it may be the ecm.I had 8 trouble codes and they were false because the sensors were all good.My buddy gave me his ecm and it ran fine.I had to get a ecm.Better make sure you need one because they are big bucks.Maybe a dealer reflash would fix it?

If you test the sensors and everything checks out it may be the ecm.I had 8 trouble codes and they were false because the sensors were all good.My buddy gave me his ecm and it ran fine.I had to get a ecm.Better make sure you need one because they are big bucks.Maybe a dealer reflash would fix it?

i ran diagnostics on my sensors as directed by All Data(this was before finding this site) and they all showed thay were bad, but when i did voltage checks on them they were all working as they should have. dually is right about the expense, check your sensors and be sure they are working as they should. if they are i would lean toward the ecm being bad. above all dont just go buy one hoping that wil fix your problems.

driving home from work about a month ago pedal goes dead replace apps sensor. drive to work does fine leave work just fine till a mile from home dead pedal again. reset apps good to the end of the driveway. back to the garage now with codes 1693 1286 0237 0236 0122 1475 0577. checked for broken wires and bad grounds replaced map sensor. started it up no bus and still no pedal. im lost

I have a pcm and a ecm wire harness laying around, if you need to see them grounds i can post up a picture.It is my old crusty choped up one.The ecm it self should be cleaned as far as the mounting points to the block to insure a good ground.About 8 inches from the ecm in the wire harness has a ground strap.iirc it is close to the starter.

• 3 weeks later...

ok i checked all grounds replaced batteries drove it twice and back to square one i guess. fuel pressure is good on the gauge but seems lacking when injector lines are cracked but im still pullin 0236 1475 0122 0577 so throw it at me im ready to make this thing into a flower pot or something

• Owner

ok i checked all grounds replaced batteries drove it twice and back to square one i guess. fuel pressure is good on the gauge but seems lacking when injector lines are cracked but im still pullin 0236 1475 0122 0577 so throw it at me im ready to make this thing into a flower pot or something

236 - Boost too high too long 1475 - Aux 5 Volt too high 122 - APPS sensor Low Volts 577 - ? (got to look in other books) Double check the +5V signal in the MAP sensor and look and see what the voltage really is... Check and see if something is shorted out...

• 3 weeks later...

so this thing finally threw the 216 and i got to idle home and pull the pump. put the new one in started up drove about 20 feet dead pedal. so when and where do ya bite the bullet and buy an ecm. or am i missin something?

• Owner

so this thing finally threw the 216 and i got to idle home and pull the pump. put the new one in started up drove about 20 feet dead pedal. so when and where do ya bite the bullet and buy an ecm. or am i missin something?

Pulled the pump? Which one the VP44 or the lift pump? Hows the fuel pressure at the time?