• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

I got a chance to meet up with stodg73 and upload the High Idle feature on my truck today after work. Thanks for helping me save $90 that the stealership would have charged, your bada** man! :cool: I can't wait to see how it works.Again, I would have bought the breakfast if time wasn't an issue, and I apolagize for the long wait. :)Thanks again, I appreciate it very much!

I got a chance to meet up with stodg73 and upload the High Idle feature on my truck today after work. Thanks for helping me save $90 that the stealership would have charged, your bada** man! :cool: I can't wait to see how it works. Again, I would have bought the breakfast if time wasn't an issue, and I apolagize for the long wait. :) Thanks again, I appreciate it very much!

What a guy ! Yeah it's always fun meeting up with forum guys in the flesh. Especially when you learn stuff ! ( although that little weird guy from mo ... Ryan I think was his name ... Not so great) ..... Hahaha !!!

LOL

Yeah, it was great meeting someone off the site. Always nice putting a face with a name.

Awesome guy though... oh, oh, and awesome truck. I liked his very much.

He also told me to get a fuel pressure gauge to monitor the lift pump from Harbor Freight, which I'm considering doing in the meantime while I save up for a pillar mount gauge. Finances won't allow me to do so right now :(.

--- Update to the previous post...

You didn't learn anything from Ryan?... LOL. :)

i bought that gauge before. i noticed on the instruction page it says NOT FOR DIESEL....i have been shopping at arbor freight for a LONG time. a large portion of their stuff breaks within the first 5 uses. find your receipt and the will make good. but i was afraid they would not make good seeing as i didn't follow the directions.:2cents:

I use their stuff too, and keep the receipts also. I know that their stuff breaks :doh: and they don't have that high of tolerances, so the more expensive stuff(higher tolerances) I buy elsewhere. I have used that gauge on several trucks and it still works, just make sure to drain the diesel before putting it away. You can also use the flex hose that attaches to the schreader valve for the fuel pressure gauge a snubber hose, for a little while.

OK you guys lost me already....3 cylinder high idle? I have the high idle feature on my truck also. All you do is turn on the cruse hit the set button and the idle jumps up to 1K. Tap the acc button and it will bump the idle 100 rpm's up to 1,500 right? Have to say my truck does not sound like it's coming apart just a faster idle, so what are you guys talking about?

They're talking about on 2nd gen 24 valve trucks. These engines have programming that shuts fuel off to 3 cylinders thus creating a 'load' on the engine for faster warm ups. The ecm reads IAT and ECT temps to determine if it's cold enough to activate it. These trucks don't have the ability to set the idle with the cruise like the 3rd gens do. Maybe someone can give a better explanation if you need.

• Like 1

Now if you pyrometer is in the rear half of the manifold it should jump in temp like to 600-700*F... With my rig and RV275 injectors, exhaust brake on I see 900-1000*F of EGT's and full engine temp in about 7 minutes...

I don't have one on the manifold. It's capped off.

I finally seen the 3 cylinder high idle this morning. That thing sounds scary.

OK you guys lost me already....3 cylinder high idle? I have the high idle feature on my truck also. All you do is turn on the cruse hit the set button and the idle jumps up to 1K. Tap the acc button and it will bump the idle 100 rpm's up to 1,500 right? Have to say my truck does not sound like it's coming apart just a faster idle, so what are you guys talking about?

Yeah you will get some funny looks from people if you kick it on in public, like at the college with all the city kids around!!!!!:lol::lmao::lmao2: Yeah the 2003+ CR don't have 3 cylinder high idle, that's only 98.5-02 VP trucks!!!!:hyper:

yes these trucks sound wicked when the 3 cyl is engaged. I heard White01's last night and both that is a neat option.:drool:

It's really handy when the temps are in the single digits and you don't want to wait hours for the engine to warm up. Don't you have yours hooked up?:shrug: