• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

The only thing I can think of that might be different/harder is that its a 24V..hence, more electronics. The harness kinda sets back down right where it used to go, it is conformed to it it seemed. So the connectors were basically right next to where they went. Not hard when you only have a few connectors lol. If the 24V has more, to the point of confusion, just label them and take pictures. Even then, there are tons of 24V's on this forum that can help you out if you do somehow forget where one goes.Other than that, the rest is overly easy. One thing I figured out was I couldn't go up far enough to get out of the engine mounts, but you can actually take the mount bracket off the engine, just make sure you have the engine jacked up or nothing will be supporting it...

Electronics wont be a problem for me I already been there :lol:. I am getting a fair amount of spare parts. Have two stock clutches with pressure plate if you know anyone needing one. Lots of rockers.Going to listen to future new to me eng. tomorrow, its complete with assy.:thumb1:

I went and looked at it and listen to it and it sounds to good to be true. It's nice and clean, quite, it's to weird.i am used to having to slice through the bull s---. The guy is young polite got all his drinking days behind him.:smart: All stock no mods. not even the intake or exhaust:hyper: I am stoked about it. Going to pull it out tomorrow I hope.It's a auto, only down side. But I have all new parts. Question, is the apps the same in a auto as a standard?And are the injectors the same in a auto as a standard?

I'm sure you're all set now JL, but just for the sake of future searching, the 24v is a little taller than the 12v. I'd say about 1". 3/4 of that is in the head, the rest is a slightly taller valve cover.I cheated my 12v out oil pan and all, it was nearly impossible and I had to do all sorts of massaging of the cowl to do it.I put the 24v in panless, and it was pretty easy to then get the oil pickup and pan mounted up. Well, easy relative to lifting the cab or massaging the cowl an extra inch, at any rate....

• Like 1

I'm sure you're all set now JL, but just for the sake of future searching, the 24v is a little taller than the 12v. I'd say about 1". 3/4 of that is in the head, the rest is a slightly taller valve cover. I cheated my 12v out oil pan and all, it was nearly impossible and I had to do all sorts of massaging of the cowl to do it. I put the 24v in panless, and it was pretty easy to then get the oil pickup and pan mounted up. Well, easy relative to lifting the cab or massaging the cowl an extra inch, at any rate....

So what did you put your oil pan on with? A gasket, RTV, etc???