• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Need a wheel bearing, are these crap?

I did some looking and they are made in Korea. Most All other bearings are made in china. Wouldn't suprise me if the OEMs were chinese. :rolleyes:For 50 bucks more on rockauto.com you can get all kinds of different brands of bearings but :pray: would be no different than these or the bearings that probably come with the spin tec kit are probably chinese too. so where is the gain? 120k+ on my 02 and they have had a bit of play "enough to feel" for about 80k miles and still going. Ok rant over but actually most bearings are made in the far east I see more with japan on them than anywhere else.

I've had manual hubs on other trucks and they have their fair share of problems too. Inspection time isn't till july, I have slight movement in the drivers side, can barely feel it but I'm sure they'll nail me for it. I'll try the cheapies out. Worst I'd be out is 100 bucks. If they last 50k that would take me 5 or 6 years, the chances of me having the truck still would be slim anyways :)

I have bought from them and they are great to work with. Go with the GMB lifetime hub I installed them in my DD Volvo S-80, a 2000 Stratus and a Neon for a neighbor without any issues. BTW what is wrong with being cheap, I paid the dealer $380 to install the left hub on the Stratus and it took the guy 20 minutes to do it :spend: when it came time to do the other side I ordered the hub from H,B & W and installed it in about an hour. A heads up, mark the ABS sensor with a paint stick or marker before you remove it on units that do not come with a new sensor! If you don't you run the chance of damaging the sensor if you install it to deep, or it may not read the star if it is to shallow. :smart:Don

• Like 1

Hey guys I manage a NAPA and I do agree with AH64ID you do get what you pay for and yes lifetime warranty does not cover wear, but yes I know that sometimes they will. the other thing how much is shipping back and forth every 15,000 miles to warranty the product and really are you going to put a cheap bearing on your 7,000lbs plus truck, and yes not all china bearings are the same some have way better quallity control and most korea is worse. What is the truck your looking for bearings so I can check it out:thumb1:

Hey I just looked and we have our cheaper one which is a performer brg (uasully chinal) but I have alot of guys that buy our cheaper vs Oriellys better (only Oriellys in our town) for $150 part #PBR930502 and our better SKF brg for$265 part #BR930502 now our better brg is 3yr45000 warranty and yes that is a full warranty!! it has the OEM wiring harness and uses OEM bearings in it, yes it is a great bearing my rep and yes he reps both our better and cheaper ones said that our premium bering is desined to last 100,000+ miles and our cheaper 25,000 miles and yes I have seen them go much further and shorter the KEY I have found out is that make sure you follow the tourque specs because that is where I have seen the most problems (installation) good luck and hope you injoyed my:2cents: :thumb1:

• Like 1

To the op.I spoke with them over the phone.The guy at hbw told me the biggest problem is that the installers have to put the bearing nut to factory spec's.Some dont.Thats why they fail.I have them with a few thousand miles on them.A guy i know has 25k on them no problem.I paid 99.00 or so.Way better than napa 340.00.If i get 100k out of them it is well worth it.Heck my factorys only lasted 170k. Use alot of this and use it everywhere.http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&sugexp=gsqvhc&xhr=t&q=anti+seize&cp=9&wrapid=tljp1301661513234016&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=9360090541301058963&sa=X&ei=T8eVTeDNN434gAfa9rHJCA&sqi=2&ved=0CCoQ8wIwAw# Or the silver stuff works.

• Like 1

Now like I said they may last longer than 25k but you do get what you pay for when you buy a premium bearing now I know someone will have a bad experience with a premium hub but they are far and few bettween. Also NAPA is the largest auto parts store in the USA and if they were paying to much for something they wouldnt buy it. And lastly I also do know that the premium bearing is not in every ones buget and we also sell alot of cheaper bearings but on that note like I said you get what you pay for so the choice is up to you I know our bearings and like I said $100 plus shipping for the ABSOLUTE cheapest bearing they can buy or $150 for the absolute NOT cheapest bearing OR $266 for ONE of the BEST bearings you can buy. Thanks again for my :2cents:!

Not knocking NAPA but the I know that the GMB lifetime hub I installed a the Neon has over 70,000 miles on it right now. Our Volvo has 14,000 miles on it and it is not a lite car. I would be willing to bet that most of the so called OEM bearings are not even made in the US or Canada but China. I work for Chrysler and the bearings we are getting for our stators used to say "made in the USA" then we noticed the stickers were gone. Yep sure enough they are made in China now, same company they just moved their factory to China. I bet the price didn't drop any :mad:That's my :2cents:Don

• 4 weeks later...

:omg: $377.85 for a NAPA bearing for my truck!?

OK jshmohr tell me how the 4WD cost $265.85 and a 2WD hub that does not have the splines for the front axle so 1/3 the manufacturing time but costs over a hundred dollars more!? :wtf:

Sorry SKF bearing or not no way I can pay $377.90 for a hub assembly, the guy at the store told me it's because they don't sell as many,being it's a 2WD not 4WD. Just does not make since to me.

Don