• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

i have posted before about my 6 speed and it jumping out of 1st, rev, and 6th. today i was coming home and went to shift for m 4th to 5th and it stuck in 4th. it did shift into 5th but it took some effort to get it out. it now no longer will go into 4th. it pulls into the position but does not engage the gears. 3rd is clashing just a wee bit but working fine while in gear. it never made any noises just stuck ther in fourth until i forced it out. i am sure i have to either rebuild or replace the tranny. i have had a hard time finding any one who wants to work on that six speed. i know some of you out there have 6 speeds and i was hoping you have had some good experiance with any of the many remanufacturers out there. or maybe some has one laying around they might want to get rid of. i also want ot know if any one has any opinions on wether they would drive this thing or park it before i have a catasrophic failure.

Last year Hawkeye had his 6spd take a dump on him, you might ask him for his thoughts on rebuilders. Pretty sure there is an extensive thread on here about his adventure. I wish I could help you this time, but I don't think there is that much cardboard in the world :) GB

I would most likely park it... At this point you could get it rebuilt but drive it longer and you will have a major failure...

I would most likely park it... At this point you could get it rebuilt but drive it longer and you will have a major failure...

i am afraid i am coming to the same conclusion. just have not had much luck finding someone to work on it.:cry:

--- Update to the previous post...

Last year Hawkeye had his 6spd take a dump on him, you might ask him for his thoughts on rebuilders. Pretty sure there is an extensive thread on here about his adventure. I wish I could help you this time, but I don't think there is that much cardboard in the world :)

GB

Hello GB. if i though card board would help i would unpack both of those bearings and stuff it full. seems like every time i get things right something els goes. hope i am nearing the end of anything major for a while. good to hear from ya.

mine has the larger input. that i know. some of the earlier models had an 1 1/4" shaft. i just dont know what year they change. i think it was 2000 or maybe 2001. I will call them and see if they know. thanks

• 2 weeks later...