• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Completely Unimpressed with EDGE Juice CTS

ETA: Update in later posts. Edge not most likely culprit! ---Rant part.Well, Guys, I need to vent. And if you have any suggestions, I am interested, because as soon as they will cut me a check for their un-fixable product, I am going to go with something else. I have had it with Edge Products Juice CTS. I have had this chip for 6 months and it has never actually worked, its been through (from Edge) three Juice Modules, two CTS modules, a new wiring harness (complete) and its been RMA'ed back to edge once for them to work on it. They said that they found an issue with it, and that it should work and sent it back to me. It got back without the pressure transducer that I sent it in with, but hey, small price to pay for a product that works right? FALSE. No pressure transducer, and no Juice. Guess what, after all the working with them, paying 1200 on a new Cummins ECM, and putting countless hours into it, IT STILL DOESN'T WORK! I mean, I have probably installed the Juice w CTS a dozen separate times now, I can do it properly in less than 15min. I have done my due diligence and then some as a customer. Hopefully they call me back on monday, because they either need to send me something that works, or I need my money back. I have had a Juice with Attitude on the same truck, worked fine until the ECM stopped responding to the three prong dataport. I have a sneaky suspicion that the previous Edge unit even caused the ECM to take a ____, as they both stopped working properly on the same day... And it is very unusual for ECMs to die, especially on perfectly running trucks that have NEVER had anything but the edge on it. If my work wasn't booming right now, I would drive to Edge in Utah and talk to them in person, with their inoperative products not working in person. The sad part is that Edge has a good reputation, I mean, if I wanted a product with a little less quality control, I would have gotten an adrenaline or something. :duh:

Maybe try going backwards and giving Edge Comp a try... :shrug: Personally myself I'm not impressed with all the bells and whistles they added to the Edge Juice or Edge CTS...

I agree with you. I bought into the cool factor though. If I can get edge to take a return, I am probably going to get a Comp module like you have... There is one for sale near me for FAR less than I paid for the crappy CTS. Interestingly enough though, the turbo timer is working. The bad part is that the turbo timer never shuts off.

I think I may have learned what the cause of all this is. I can't believe that I didn't think of it, and that none of the Cummins or Dodge techs didn't think to check.I am showing 18V across the batteries, even with the leads disconnected, and the system is overcharging. That has probably been the cause of burning out my VP44, lift pump, ECM, and four edge juice modules. Wow. Talk about missing the obvious? Now for a new PCM from Chrysler on top of the rest of the stuff. Dang this is getting expensive... If this doesn't fix this truck, its for sale. :lmao:Good note on Edge, they are sending me a complete replacement Juice CTS module. I have to say that I am impressed by their customer service in this... Although I would have expected that the Juice modules could take more than 18V. This also could have been cleared up much earlier if I didn't have to drag it out of their tech team what exactly was burning out. Once I started pushing to find what exactly was burning out it made perfect sense. My old juice didn't burn out my ECM. My PCM quietly destroyed both, while throwing no codes, and letting the gauges read normally.

Was the 18v with the engine off or running. What made you check it?

Off. As for why, it just seemed like a failure mode that popped into my head that I hadn't thought of, since the Dodge & Cummins techs were adamant that it was a Cummins ECM issue causing all the mayhem. Have you seen this before? I figure it would probably be higher when the engine was running, and 18V is pretty well over the ~14.5 peak that you see on a normal charging system. Batteries are yellow top optimas. I have a peak voltage tester that I considered using to test the peak V for spikes and whatnot, but figured that it just wasn't worth the effort after seeing 18V. The diodes I used for the tester were also only rated for very small currents (I use it to test Honda motorcycle ignitions) so I didn't want to burn out $15 in diodes.

I think I may have learned what the cause of all this is. I can't believe that I didn't think of it, and that none of the Cummins or Dodge techs didn't think to check. I am showing 18V across the batteries, even with the leads disconnected, and the system is overcharging. That has probably been the cause of burning out my VP44, lift pump, ECM, and four edge juice modules. Wow. Talk about missing the obvious? Now for a new PCM from Chrysler on top of the rest of the stuff. Dang this is getting expensive... If this doesn't fix this truck, its for sale. :lmao: Good note on Edge, they are sending me a complete replacement Juice CTS module. I have to say that I am impressed by their customer service in this... Although I would have expected that the Juice modules could take more than 18V. This also could have been cleared up much earlier if I didn't have to drag it out of their tech team what exactly was burning out. Once I started pushing to find what exactly was burning out it made perfect sense. My old juice didn't burn out my ECM. My PCM quietly destroyed both, while throwing no codes, and letting the gauges read normally.

Gee, I am glad you found your problem and also that your Edge wasnt the cause. I have THE Edge Jiuce/Attiude hot unlock CTS and really love it. Also the Edge Tech guys, and they have helped me a couple of times are allways on ther game.

Gee, I am glad you found your problem and also that your Edge wasnt the cause. I have THE Edge Jiuce/Attiude hot unlock CTS and really love it. Also the Edge Tech guys, and they have helped me a couple of times are allways on ther game.

We shall see if the PCM is it, I sure hope it is. Edge has been decent overall. Sofar my expectations are met. They haven't been exceeded. As for their tech guys... I haven't found that their tech guys are on their game as much as they are willing to throw new parts at the problem. They have been quick to send new parts and tell me how to use their Fusion software to flash the CTS, but it took a lot of pressure to get them to actually tell me what was failing on the unit. At first it they told me that they gave me a bad Edge kit. Then it was "something burned out, but we don't know what." I had requested details for the actual failure in a letter form as well, but that got ignored. Finally, after spending the morning on hold with them recently they told me that it was most likely an over powering of the unit from one of the power supply leads. Still not super detailed, but knowing that a part was burned out rather than having a wiring harness or connector not pass Q/C sure helps in my troubleshooting process. Edge is a good company, they have good tech support, but their tier 1 tech support are not quite wizzards. However, I am very happy that they are an American company that speaks english. :hyper:

Have you given any thought to putting an external voltage regulator on your truck?

Since the pcm isn't throwing any codes and the voltage gauge isn't showing anything close to what my voltmeter is showing, I am suspicious that I have more than my regulator burned out on the pcm. Otherwise, I would go the old school voltage regulator route. Its not like I don't have the plugs or regulators in the shop! :)

We shall see if the PCM is it, I sure hope it is. Edge has been decent overall. Sofar my expectations are met. They haven't been exceeded. As for their tech guys... I haven't found that their tech guys are on their game as much as they are willing to throw new parts at the problem. They have been quick to send new parts and tell me how to use their Fusion software to flash the CTS, but it took a lot of pressure to get them to actually tell me what was failing on the unit. .... Edge is a good company, they have good tech support, but their tier 1 tech support are not quite wizzards. However, I am very happy that they are an American company that speaks english. :hyper:

I called Edge on monday, concerning my fuel pressure readings on the Attitude.. They said "replace the sender." I told them I'd already done that, and got the same reading. Hooked my Autometer FP gauge to both senders and get readings (albeit low), so it's not a sender issue. so, they said send in unit, harness, and sender, oh: and $150, and they'll fix it... I'm putting my autometer gauge and calling it done. Oh, and the Edge doesn't read my oil pressure, either... Says ZERO, when the dash gauge shows 35-40psi. :yme:

To be honest with you, I am very tempted to just put up the complete new Juice CTS kit they sent me and not even worry about the chip. I just want this electrical nightmare to end.

• 3 weeks later...

Update. I took the truck in and assumed I would get a new PCM, and drove it in reading 18-19.5V on the voltmeter plugged into the power outlet. The tech took all the battery connections apart, all the PCM and alternator connections apart, and cleaned the crap out of them. It hasn't overcharged since. If the thing overcharges again, I am either going to put a new PCM in it or pull the voltage regulator & plug out of one of the 70s mopar parts cars I have and try the mechanical regulator out for size. I am certain some parts of the PCM are fried, as the voltage on the dash didn't match what the DVM showed and it didn't throw an overvolt code, but if it runs good and everything else works, why pay for a new PCM? I am going to install a voltage gauge that works and drive it and see what happens. I am very afraid to install the new Edge CTS that I was sent. I am not confident that there may not be a voltage or current spike in the truck somewhere, as this will be my 4th or 5th edge module.I really need a good oscilloscope or a data acquisition board and plug it into everywhere the edge taps into for power while cycling the truck on and off... Then I can see if I am getting any weird spikes and I can guaranty that the chips power supply is sound. Mabe I should just sell the module to recoup some losses and call it a day. :ahhh: