• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

My brides 2001 2500 needs ball joints her 38" tires have destroyed her stock ones. I know the tires are wee big and the 7 inch lift doesn't help. We are ordering moog ball joints tonight and I'm wondering if any one has part #s for them. We see a lot of different part #s and want to make sure we are golden. It is a cummins and is a Dana 60 I am assuming.Any beter than moog? Thanks in advance guys :)Lance.....

No doubt! I'm going to try a few things and see if they work. I'm going to head the yolk part that holds them and then hit them with water a couple of times. After that I am going to spray Marc Break away and tap on the sides with a mini ball pien hammer to chatter the fluid in.. I will have video.. :)

Blow a hole in the joint first before you put the heat to it and your ok. You got to let the pressure out.

if you torch those ball joints, make sure everbody near the truck is wearing Kevlar, they will explode just ask Mikey or better yet his buddy that needed the Kevlar.:stuned:

I your case I would use the Moog... But in my case I went with the cheapy from rockAuto.com...

I am running cheapies from Rockauto.com on my Dakota. Unfortunately they messed up on one of the joints and sent me the wrong part (lower) so I ran down to Autozone and picked one up. The Duralast joint from Autozone appeared exactly the same in every way shape and form as the Mevotech joint from Rockauto.com except for the boot. My Ram has Moog ball joints in it, they are still going. Honestly my experiences lately with Moog haven't been great. I went through two Moog track bars in a short amount of time. One lasted about 30k miles and became very loose, this caused loose steering for a while then death wobble. Then the second bar lasted 300 miles and started to wobble. The current one seems to be doing alright so far. The difference in the drag link adjustment between all the bars makes me question quality control. Both times the The warranty was good though.

I was reading about the adjustable ball joints. Currious if they are any good. I need to slap some in my 99. Or might just run to napa and get some. Wondering if anyone has experience with these.

If you truck has been diagnosed as having a camber problem then adjustable joints may be an option. While they also allow for a few degrees of caster adjustment this should not be an issue since your control arms should be adjustable via a cam adjuster. If your truck ultimately doesn't have an alignment issue that is related to camber then I wouldn't bother with adjustable joints. I hear they are weaker than standard joints also.