• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Map light fix?

Seems pretty unbelieveable that the whole overhead would have to be replaced for a tiny light switch. I sure don't want to take mine down but there are a few screws in some of the compartments up there. I'd feel better practicing on/exploring a junkyard piece. That's what I'd do.Now the rest of the electronics up there is a different matter.Let us know how you make out. Take pictures!

Okay so my map light on the passenger side has decided to stop working. The light still works but it doesn't click/ spring anymore.. Anyone have an idea of how to access/ fix it?:shrug:

I had same problem. I kept nlooking at picknpull finialy found same overhead counsel bought it for 10.00 took out map light and put it in mine. has worked every since. dealer wanted bir bucks for new one.

--- Update to the previous post...

glad you got it fixed. when mine broke i found overhead at picknpull took one out and put in mine. now that i've seen the write up that looks a lot better.:hyper:

• 3 months later...

while we are in the same area.i have a problem with the map light on the driverside. it has a dull glow when the truck is running.it works fine when needed but doesnt turn off all the way.i also have a couple of rain drops coming off the console after a heavy rain.so im thinking the marker lights are leaking.i dont know where else the rain would come in. any ideas? thanks robin

• Owner

Welcome to the family. As for the roof clearance lights I would careful remove each one and re-seal them with silicone. Then I would consider carefully romoving the console and double checking all the wiring to the bulbs and switches for corrded/rusted connections. The over headlighting has a constant +12V so all thats needed is the ground. So if there has be water getting in it might have a partial ground causing the glow.Pink wire should be +12V and the yellow wire is the ground trigger back to the headlight switch or door pins switches... (Pretty sure of my colors from memory... :rolleyes:)

• Like 1