• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com

We can see that your guest and been lurking about. When you register on the Mopar1973Man.Com site you'll be able to interact with all the other members. This is the most friendliest Cummins forum you'll ever join. Take the time right now and  REGISTER  on the Mopar1973Man.Com this will open up many more options and functions on the website. Everyone is very friendly and helpful just ask questions and everyone will help you out the best they can. 

Sign in to follow this  
jlwelding

Trailer Brake Controllers

What would be the best allround controller? I have a new 20k Sure Pull deck over trailer and I need a controller in my 05. I have a voyager in my 01 at the moment but just curious to what everyone else is running.

What would be the best allround controller? I have a new 20k Sure Pull deck over trailer and I need a controller in my 05. I have a voyager in my 01 at the moment but just curious to what everyone else is running.

I've never honestly used trailer brakes pulling a trailer with a pickup, but if I was to put a controller in it would be a voyager, not really sure of what model though.

If you have, or plan to, an exhaust brake then you want a proportional brake so that the trailer brakes with exhaust brake deceleration and service brake deceleration. The Prodigy P2 works great. If you are not going run an exhaust brake then I would get a SmartBrake or Maxbrake.

Yeh I like my Prodigy but they are not cheap, but have a lifetime warranty. Also if you have a NAPA close I sell alot of the Pilot controllers and they are much cheaper and guys really like them:thumb1: