• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

stickshift switches

so ive been wanting to put my exhaust brake switch on the stickshift and cant find anywhere that makes a push/pull switch premade for this application. so a trip to advance auto to frankenstien something together.i purchased a nice push pull switch and a small cheapo battery terminal.instead of the original switch being way down by the floor behind the stickshift from the previous owner it will now be easy to activate on the fly.i will work on this over the weekend and post pics and part numbers for anyone who wants to do this for any accessory switch.

• Owner

I used a piece of angle aluminum and drill 2 holes and used a U bolt to fasten to the stick then picked out a nice Blue LED rocker. The LED blew out in a few second after hooking up. There is a hell of a surge from the vacuum solenoid which blows out normal bulbs or LEDs...I like the rocker because I can sweep my thumb back and forth to control the jake instead of push/pull.

i need a push pull as the EB will stay powered even after shutdown, a rocker could be easily hit to the on position and i dont want to drain anything. a push pull cant and in the pull position it will be on. so it has to be purposefully turned on, plus i like the oldschool stuff :). i will integrate an led onto it just like the current one so i wont leave it on.

thank you for that link crusher, i have seen that before but i have 8balls on my stickshift and 4wheel shifter so they arent applicable to my setup. but it would work if someone had a stock gearshift knob you will see what i mean when i post pics up

I hear ya I have a Shiner tap handle as my shift knob so its out for me too lol. Just figured Id post it up -Jordan-

i would be interested in seeing that my self. 8 balls huh?

yes quite simple actually, gently drill any poolball of your choice and then tap it. its metric but forget what size. then put some threadlock on it and twist it on aligned, let it cure and it wont come off from normal use. i had 2 8-balls so i tossed them on!

yes quite simple actually, gently drill any poolball of your choice and then tap it. its metric but forget what size. then put some threadlock on it and twist it on aligned, let it cure and it wont come off from normal use. i had 2 8-balls so i tossed them on!

your using the 8 ball. i am trying to picture how you got 8 balls on your shifter.:doh:

so after checking the wiring it turns out that the EB is wired to a switched hot and the on switch is just the ckt powering the EB. i just had to wire the push pull switch to the leads and BAM i got a stickshift EB switch

Nice! I know what you mean about $10 vs $60. Can't blame you there ;)