• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Pondsy

Hey everyone - :cheers:I learned about this site though MoparMan's posts on the Cummins Forum and came over to check it out. I've found lots of information I was looking for, so thank you to those who post helpful info.I'm from Massachusetts (others prefer the term Masshole but we're not all like that :lmao:). I have relatives out there in Idaho but not sure what towns they live in now. Not new to diesels (06 and 08 Duramax) but this is my first Cummins and feel I may have bitten off a bit too much. By the time I'm done, I feel as if I'm restoring an antique show car rather than a daily driver lol.My truck has been having an issue with not shifting properly and/or not accelerating when I get into the throttle and I needed to determine if I had a vp/related or APPS issue or something with this DTT tranny. Through the info on here and other places, I'm pretty sure I do need a VP and set up an appt for tomorrow to get it over with. Now I just need to install my power seats into truck (which has no power seats currently)/stereo and speakers for tunes/borgeson steering box and shaft/convert stacks to rear exit exhaust/find what's clunking underneath/new shocks/and the biggie....body work! Oh yeah...also need the typical dash repair at some point.Look forward to getting to know others, though I will mostly be a sponge for a while. Have a great day everyone. Great site.Bill

• Owner

Welcome to the family.Most of what you listed out as a goal can be done. As for the dead pedal issue 2 things are needed fuel pressure and error codes to verisfy things.I'm not much of a auto trans guy but there is others here that can bounce on that problem better than I can.As for parts and pieces you might want to check out a few of our vendors and see what they got for prices...:thumbup2:

Welcome to the family. Most of what you listed out as a goal can be done. As for the dead pedal issue 2 things are needed fuel pressure and error codes to verisfy things. I'm not much of a auto trans guy but there is others here that can bounce on that problem better than I can. As for parts and pieces you might want to check out a few of our vendors and see what they got for prices...:thumbup2:

Will definitely check out the vendors...The fuel pressure always runs 19-21 at idle and cruise/has a 1 yr old fass system installed by previous owner. It drops to about 14 to 15 at WOT. For codes I have 0500 in PCM and 1693 and 0216 in ECM. Had codes cleared and rechecked after issue happened again and came up with same. Mind you, this is using the key trick so I don't know if other codes would appear with scanner or not. As for explanation of how the truck is behaving ... it's been a little different each time. I'll start a separate thread in proper forum to discuss to get better coverage with more full explanations. Thx.