• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Mechanical Lift Pump

So does anyone own one of these or know someone who owns one of these? OR, has anyone seen anyone else with one of these? I wonder how well they perform and do their job as they should? I think that the drawback is that it has to be under the engine like it is to be driven by a belt from the harmonic balancer... http://store.dieseltruckresource.com/9fubomelipus.html

The problems I for see, is how do you adjust how much fuel pressure it is pushing out, as well as how easy is it to adjust? Also if u snap the belt going down the road theres no guarantee that your local auto parts store will have the belt so your stuck where your at till you get one in the mail.-Jordan-

I have one of them on my truck, have had it for must be 3-4 years now and a friend of mine has one on his too for the same amount of time...both of us have had no issues whatsoever (knock on wood :lol: ). I bought mine from Glacier Diesel. Fuel pressure is adjusted in the bypass valve and when you buy it (if from Glacier) you can tell him what you want it set at for pressure I would think, it's just a matter of adding or removing shims in it. I took mine what it comes set at which is about 16-18 psi, bypass opens at 19 psi I believe, if i can trust my gauge. As for the belt, i'm on my second belt in the time I've been running it, and the first one was my own fault due to backing in over a huge pile of hard snow and it poped the belt off and broke it, then the truck immediately switched back to my factory lift pump and ran off that until I put a belt on it. When I ordered it I told him to send me an extra belt, I always carry one under the seat for an emergency. (only like $15 or so) Napa can match the belt # btw. If I had to name one thing I would like to see differently, and it's really not that big of deal but i'm giving feedback you want, I'd make a pan and mount it under the pump somewhere so the belt doesn't get knocked off if your the type that off roads. I personally love the pump , and would buy another one in a heartbeat if this one ever quits.:thumbup2:

Haha, not even 6 months in and the motor on my Airdog dies. I'm still under warranty, so when it poops on me and no longer under warranty, I very well may go this route. I think fabbing up a plate to protect the components, being that it is a moving part so close to the underside and exposed, would serve good purpose. Then again, I did not think the filters on the Airdog being under the truck and exposed they way they were, would last long. Well, to my surprise, they have yet to even receive a nick from the tire kicking a rock.I think combining the qualities of the airdog system with this fuel boss system, would make one hell of a fuel delivery system. :ahhh:

Haha, not even 6 months in and the motor on my Airdog dies. I'm still under warranty, so when it poops on me and no longer under warranty, I very well may go this route. I think fabbing up a plate to protect the components, being that it is a moving part so close to the underside and exposed, would serve good purpose. Then again, I did not think the filters on the Airdog being under the truck and exposed they way they were, would last long. Well, to my surprise, they have yet to even receive a nick from the tire kicking a rock. I think combining the qualities of the airdog system with this fuel boss system, would make one hell of a fuel delivery system. :ahhh:

That would be an intersting combination, almost unstoppable.

• Owner

I think combining the qualities of the airdog system with this fuel boss system, would make one hell of a fuel delivery system. :ahhh:

With a little refab you could re-design the AirDog filter base so to pass your pumped fuel through it for filtering and air seperation being the pump is capable of serious pressure you can do it really easy... Hmmm... More I think about it the more I like it...

Bust the mechanical and you have a top notch back up that comes on when the other drops out. No sitting or working on the side of the road.

That's what I liked about it from day one :thumbup2:http://www.glacierdieselpower.com/dept.aspx?dept_id=07-001 May be a couple dollars more buying from Richard at this site, but his help is worht the extra if you have any issues or questions. I called him a few times hooking it up with some questions and he said no matter what time of the day, shout it i have an issue.

http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/98-5-02-performance-parts-discussion/295482-got-glacier-diesel-fuel-boss-installed.html ^Check out the picture of the filter setup. Would not even need the AirDog base plate. If you were to take this setup, and have the AirDog draw straw upgrade kit installed with the filter setup, that would be a ironclad deal.