• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

State By State trailer laws for size, speed, etc...

Thanks for covering our bases, Mike.

But I see where it says max speed is 55 mph in Calif. Last month I was there and trucks with trailers of all sorts were blowing by me like I was standing still ... and I was doing 70. They might consider updating the charts to say ... ' hang on to your hats' ...

• 11 months later...

Thanks for covering our bases, Mike.

But I see where it says max speed is 55 mph in Calif. Last month I was there and trucks with trailers of all sorts were blowing by me like I was standing still ... and I was doing 70. They might consider updating the charts to say ... ' hang on to your hats' ...

On i5 they are pretty strict about the 55mph speed limit. On i10 they are a little more relaxed. You should price out one of these tickets before you decide to go north of 60 mph.

I am unclear what "ALL" means under max weight without brakes in ND and Wis.?:think:ND is as lax as they come, never have I heard of a personal vehicle or small time operators getting harassed about anything, I do think they need to set up shop at state parks and other camp grounds and start ticketing all the 1/2 ton boys who are toting around 35' + campers with huge boats behind those to boot.:nono::doh:I see several of these piled up in scrap heaps in the ditch every summer when the trailers get to wagging the tow vehicle and causing them to loose control, not to mention the high winds we get as well.I see half ton pickups towing things I would be nervous towing behind a dually.:stuned:

I am unclear what "ALL" means under max weight without brakes in ND and Wis.?:think: ND is as lax as they come, never have I heard of a personal vehicle or small time operators getting harassed about anything, I do think they need to set up shop at state parks and other camp grounds and start ticketing all the 1/2 ton boys who are toting around 35' + campers with huge boats behind those to boot.:nono::doh: I see several of these piled up in scrap heaps in the ditch every summer when the trailers get to wagging the tow vehicle and causing them to loose control, not to mention the high winds we get as well. I see half ton pickups towing things I would be nervous towing behind a dually.:stuned:

They did that here. It was a state park/rv park you ride dirt bikes at, a BIG one with 1000 acres and whatnot. Around noon (checkout time) cops manned the gates and checked every single valve stem cap and muffler bearing on it. That was the first time I had ever seen that.