• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

oil pressure sensor

I used the port on top of the oil filter for my after market gauge. Works good.

I have heard that the early 2000's for the cummins is when dodge started switching sending units. The early ones were actual pressure senders, the later ones were just a pressure switch. As long as there was like 20 psi the pressure switch would throw a number up on the gauge. This might explain the change in pressure readings.

After installing an aftermarket oil pressure gauge I have found much comfort in the check gauge light and 0 psi oil pressure shown to be a non issue. So Glad I did it, the stock oil switch has been intermittent. I used the port on top of the oil pump because it is so much easier to get to. next is getting a copper line for it so I can be confident the plastic one does not melt or break! 

Thanks again for the quick responses on this forum it is so great to have such a community!

ED

• Staff

There is an outlet on the leftside of the engine about midway just above the oilpan. I still have sensor there for my old booster pump. the pump was designed to come on at 5 or 10 psi so not to overwhelm the VP as I remember. I think there is a plug there but dont remeberattachicon.gif3282.attachThis is apicture of the where I had it connected.

Dripley do you remember where you bought that sensor?

I want to use that to activate my lift pump relay and no longer rely on the ECM.

Edited by JAG1

Dripley do you remember where you bought that sensor?

I want to use that to activate my lift pump relay and no longer rely on the ECM.

It came from BD Diesel with the booster pump I got from them many years ago. The pump was a Carter so I would think the switch was an off the shelf item also.

• Like 1

Thanks a lot Dripley  Happy New Year too..... Hope you get lots of chicken houses to build this year :sofa::wink:

Same to you JAG1. Bojangles came to us and wants us to bid there work also based on our reputation. So maybe a new kind of retaraunt but the same meat. Cluck! Cluck!