• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Backup Camera

ADawg

My new (to me '05) truck didn't have any guages and is completely stock. I opted to add the CTS Insight guage to my truck. I have the CTS installed and am using and monitoring my truck paramenters that are provided through the OBD II port right now. This provides a minimum of 5 operating parameters that can be monitored but can be upped to 8 on the screen at one time. It also provides a driving coach that is an interesting feature that I have been using lately and am learning lots about driving for economy.I purchased the Edge backup camera mod, the pyro temp mod, the turbo cool down mod and I plan to add a pressure sensor mod as well. When I priced out a 4 guage set with their required sensors etc. it was more expensive than just the price I paid for the CTS insight. When I added the camera mod and the temp mod then I was nearly $100 over the price of the 4 guage set. What I get is one neat little compact package with color and a nice single futuristic looking touch screen. It has a nice stream line molded like dash mounting that doesn't clutter up my pillar or the middle of my dash or hang down from the overhead console. Nothing is wrong with these other mounts but I like the change and I am cool with the look. Yes, I know it is expensive but it has a bunch of features that I really liked and that I couldn't otherwise get without adding other devices in the cab, For instance if you get a backup camera you have to put some sort of screen inside the cab to see what the camera sees. On the CTS you see the backup camera view on the same screen the CTS uses to display the guage information. I found a web sight that I could buy the CTS Insight for a discount price of $315 and the camera mod was $175.There are other cameras on ebay and Amazon that run in the neighborhood of $99 to $125 but as I said I opted to go with the integrated set up because of the all in one screen that the CTS insght offers.I don't have all the mods hooked up yet but I am enjoying what I have working right now.

Do you's guys not know how to use mirrors???!:shrug: I guess I don't understand the want, or the perceived need for such a thing!!!:2cents:

Why you so negative bro :shrug: Its like asking why did you buy the oil bypass kit? Cause you wanted to right. Because you know there are plenty of cummins with high milage driving around on regular oil and filter setup. I am just saying. Can I call you "Debbie Downer"? Kidding! :lmao:

Why you so negative bro :shrug: Its like asking why did you buy the oil bypass kit? Cause you wanted to right. Because you know there are plenty of cummins with high milage driving around on regular oil and filter setup. I am just saying. Can I call you "Debbie Downer"? Kidding! :lmao:

Think he was just asking ? Didn't see it as negative .... Just not understanding why the backup camera requirement For those that want it yes the cts is great I run the full cts and juice and quite like it - no camera as I would only use it if I ran the camera all way back to rv Oh you can by cameras that will work for like 50 on eBay and amazon with cts

Think he was just asking ? Didn't see it as negative .... Just not understanding why the backup camera requirement For those that want it yes the cts is great I run the full cts and juice and quite like it - no camera as I would only use it if I ran the camera all way back to rv Oh you can by cameras that will work for like 50 on eBay and amazon with cts

No I was just messing around with him I mean I see his point. :thumbup2:

• Staff

Do you's guys not know how to use mirrors???!:shrug: I guess I don't understand the want, or the perceived need for such a thing!!!:2cents:

Last time I checked a backup camera shows things my mirrors don't. It would take a series of mirrors to see what a camera can show you.

Last time I checked a backup camera shows things my mirrors don't. It would take a series of mirrors to see what a camera can show you.

That's very true while it's working properly.:smart::smart: Still, I'd just rather do it the tried and true method of using mirrors and such. And if they don't do it for you.............stop your truck, get out, and check what's behind you!!!!! Is that worth $xx.xx??!!!! For me it's not..................I was just saying, not arguing!!!:duh::2cents: "Don't look back, something might be gaining on you." Satchel Paige. Words to live by.

• 2 weeks later...

The dash removal is not going as smooth as i wanted, I can take pics but they probobly wont be helpfull (I was hoping to get help on this site) I'm going to upgrade the doors with the heater treater doors.

--- Update to the previous post...

Head unit

http://www.amazon.com/Pyle-PLDN74BTI-Double-DIN-Touchscreen-Connector/dp/B003ZUN2PW/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1338500228&sr=8-2

camera

http://www.amazon.com/Koolertron-License-Plate-Backup-Camera/dp/B0049LBJ56/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1338500285&sr=1-1

Mostly good reviews for the price...