• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Well, i finally got around to installing the new RV275's. I will say i had many things that were going downhill with the original stockers as so many things changed after the replacement.Things i noticed after install.Engine is MUCH quieter!No more injector knock on a few cylindersEGT's are better (when foot isnt pushing a hole in the floor)A bit more power (nice to have)Turbo can now reach the defuel setting i have #29psistartup is same no issues thereshutdown is smoother!MPG (that i have calculated to be precise) 20-23mpg @ 65mph!!! (real time lie meter reading)Fuel pressure not jumping around from 14-19 cruising with old injectors, now is stable @17 when cruising with new injectors.so far no leaks!!These are genuine bosch NEW RV275's. I am very pleased with them. :thumbup2::thumbup2::thumbup2::thumbup2:

Were they hard to put in? Any special tools? I have a set coming and intend to do them myself. I just did my own vp and fass one fifty. Are they as easy as that? I should adjust or check the valves while I'm In there too. Right?

Did you get them from Jacob at DAP? Looking into getting my grandpa a set from them but there are 2 to choose from, house brand and bosch. I have dont probably a dozen sets of injectors and I dont take the lines off, just take the five 8mm bolts out that hold the lines to the intake.

after consideration and limited funds i did go with DAP NEW genuine bosch RV275's they had 5 sets and when i emailed them they had 3 claimed so after me there might not be any left and they dont get them in frequently. im gonna sendthe cores in today to get my core refund which will set me at $269~ on the set.

• Like 1

Did you get them from Jacob at DAP? Looking into getting my grandpa a set from them but there are 2 to choose from, house brand and bosch.

Go with some of his house 50-90 hp :) Don't see issue with using old core bodies as all are pop tested and flow balanced and think vco injectors typically fail in the nozzle itself not the body and only way to alleviate that is go sac

waiting patiently for my shipment from dap also went with bosch rv275s by the way is there a need to change the orings on the feed tubes? he said he would throw some o rings in. also you did not remove all the injector lines and pull all the tubes out?

waiting patiently for my shipment from dap also went with bosch rv275s by the way is there a need to change the orings on the feed tubes? he said he would throw some o rings in. also you did not remove all the injector lines and pull all the tubes out?

i had the injector tubes out about 4 months ago to replace the orings so mine were already good to go. i did pull the lines totally off as i dont like to "bend them out of the way". i still inspected the injector tubes for any defects. If you are getting orings with the injectors you are best to change them out as if they are stock and you disturb them they will start to pee on ya. Clean the injector tubes and put the orings on DRY ( i did them dry and still have no leaks) I have recently found a leak on the backside of the block, i will have to crawl under to find where its coming from, might be the banjo on the back of the head came loose. its a small weep but it has a drip to it and will clean it up. the lines to the injector tubes are clean and dry so its not there.
  • Like 1